Part 12

Geet went to her room; she was still feeling a bit dizzy. Mama was pacing in her room. She was ready for the party.

Roshini,' Geet, where were you? I was so worried. Your papa and Darji wanted to talk to you. I said you were getting ready.'

Roshini noticed geet wet clothes. Geet! You were out in the rain again. Now, you will get cold.

Geet, 'I think that i have temperature.'

Roshini checked her temperature, geet had high fever. She was really worried. Guest are already arriving and a few even know about the engagement.

Simran came in with a dress in her hand. 'Thank god, geet you are here, I have started to get really worried. Here, go and change into this sari, hurry, there is a big surprise for you. I will tell you after you change.'

Simran saw geet's wet clothes but decided not to comment. Geet went to change in wash room.

Simran,'what happened?'

Roshini,'she was out in the rain again and now, she has got temperature. I think, we should postpone the engagement ceremony.'

Simran,'Relax, roshini, she will take medicine and she will be fine. Maan has finally agreed and everyone is so happy. Everything will be perfect.'

Roshini sat on the bed edge. 'But simran, she is so young, look how she behaves, I don't think she is mature enough to enter into a relationship and you know Maan, he has got no control over his temper. I am sure, dadima will be pressing them to get married next.'

Simran,' we are all here to help her, don't worry and do you think we will let Maan treat her harshly.'

Roshini,'he is not a young boy anymore whom we can chide. Did you see how he stood up to Raj today? I don't think, he will let us meddle into his private life.'

Simran,' he listens to you Roshini and today, you were the one who convinced him.'

Rosini,' I know him simran, he needs to grow up a lot and his past complicates things further. I have agreed to this because Geet love him but now, i am afraid that he will not be able to reciprocate her feelings.'

Simran remained quiet. Then said, 'let them both decide Roshini, it's their life and geet is yash's daughter, and I think you know better than anyone that Haunda's can be really stubborn until they get what they want.'

Roshini laughed, 'well, I guess there is that.'

Geet came out wearing white sari. Roshini gave her medicine, then, helped her set her sari while Simran did her make up. After geet was ready, they made her sit on the bed and told her about the engagement. They did not mention the card or rose. Simran said that,'I know you will be ok with the engagement but if there is any problem, you can tell us now.'

Geet thought about Maan, the way he had said, 'I am sorry and then, he had said, I care. She shyly said 'I have no problem.

Roshini hugged her and said, 'if there is any problem, don't hesitate and tell me.' She sounded emotional. Geet suddenly felt her eyes getting teary.

Simran,'oh come on Roshini. Geet is just getting engaged and you should be happy, now your daughter will not go away, she will be always in front of your eyes and geet don't you dare cry your eyeliner will be damaged. You need to buy a waterproof one.'

.....

Maan stayed on the bed for what felt like eons. It was geet, she was the girl with whom he made out that day. Oh god. He got up and started pacing the room. He remembered that she was ill next day. Had he hurt her or bruised her?