*************************************

Jess watched her own hands struggle against the door as she pushed it open. The handle felt icy in her fingers as she led herself inside. She saw a group of people pan into view as she tried to ease it open. A warm burst of air greeted her entrance. She was barely aware of herself heading to the studio and decided to give it a chance.

The last time Alexander Miller talked to her she was determined that the music industry was not for her. She was firm with her decision before. She tried to recall what prompted her to change her mind.

Then suddenly she gritted her teeth. The turn of events happened when she saw Shaun. The only man that never fails to make her miserable.

It was one night when she realized that Fred would celebrate his birthday soon. She wanted to surprise him and buy him something as a gift. He has been so kind to her that it would only be a good gesture to show some appreciation. So, she then planned to go to the mall after her shift in the diner.

As she hopped off the bus, Jess casually strolled along, enjoying the glamorous surroundings leading up to the grand entrance of the mall. When she approached the transparent doors, she waited for them to automatically slide open for her, almost as if they were like magnets, pulling her closer and closer. The graceful doors glided open, and she took the first step into the mall. When she walked around in the gigantic enveloping walls of the establishment she felt as if a brand-new adventure had just opened for her. Jess searched for something that appealed to her. She was hesitant still about what to buy but she wanted something that Fred could use. Her feet, having a mind of their own, pulled her over to where the new stacks of items were displayed. She saw various selections, there were perfume scents, accessories, apparel, and shoes.

Jess was about to check something in the store that captured her attention when she heard a loud commotion somewhere, she heard people screaming with ballistic enthusiasm that made her frown she then turned around to see what was happening and an overwhelming figure stood tall in front of her. Her eyes went wide when he suddenly noticed her. He stopped in his tracks and his gaze scrutinized her from top to bottom. She swallowed.

"You!" Her shock was obvious.

His eyes were deep blue as she could sense his conflicting emotions from within. She was unsure if he was mad or criticizing her or maybe both. Jess felt the need to stand her ground and with all confidence, she raised her head high and challenged him. That was when she realized that there were a handful of people surrounding them. She felt self-conscious, she was like a small needle in a haystack. Their eyes were on her as they showed confusion about why Shaun Hays displayed attentiveness toward her.

Two delicate hands went around Shaun's arms and to Jess's surprise, it was the woman that she saw the last time. Her eyes narrowed.

"Shaun?" The woman uttered bringing him back to the present time.

Jess heard a murmur in the crowd and though she could not decipher their words she decided to walk away. Her fury towards that man was enormous and she could not take another minute being with him in the same area. When she initiated her first step she suddenly felt being pulled back strongly. She almost lost her balance and unconsciously she holds on to the force that kept her in place. When she regained her state, she realized that Shaun was so close to her, his warm breathing fanning her cheek, too close that it could be perceived as intimate. Jess pushed him with all her might and shouted.

"Get off me you freak! How dare you!" She pointed at him.

A loud gasp was uttered from the crowd. Shaun was taken aback when a blush registered.