~Flashback over~

It's a rare thing for me to cry but today was different. Tears spilled out of every corner of my eyes as I sobbed violently into a pillow. I was thankful Theo was with the Hamilton's so she wouldn't hear me.

I promised to be strong for her and to take care of her. She knows I'm trying my best but I just want her to be happy. I need to be strong, for me, for Theo, for Theodosia.

John's POV
After getting in our designated cars, we drove out to get ice cream. Angelica bounced happily in her seat while Phillip laughed.

"Ange, stop moving so much." Phillip smacked Angelica's legs and Nathaniel laughed. "I know you're happy but, chill!"

"Aww, okay." I looked in the rear view mirror and smiled at my children. Alex was reading a book next to me while Theo talked with Laf and Herc in the very back. "Are we almost there? Philly keeps being annoying!" Angelica whined to which Phillip scoffed.

"I am not being annoying! Stop trying to get me in trouble!" Angelica giggled and smiled widely.

I pulled into a spot in front of a Coldstone and turned the car off. "You kids are lucky we're here now. I don't want to listen to your arguments." We all filled out of the car and Phillip practically fell out of the car.

"Ow. Angie!" Phillip groaned. "Don't push me next time." Angelica climbed out of the car laughing.

"Sorry Phillip. Are you okay?"

"Yeah."

"Alright crazies, let's go inside and wait for your aunts and cousins." I pushed my children towards the door and Alex wrapped his arm around mine. "Hey sweetheart."

"Hey dear. Some family we have huh?" I smiled and he leaned his head on my shoulder. "So I had an idea earlier. What if we took the kids to Disney? They haven't been yet. Of course Laf and Herc could come."

"That sounds wonderful baby. How about we tell them later? That way we can order tickets and bands. Do you wanna stay a week?"

"Babe, it's Disney World, of course we're staying a week." Alex sassed rhetorically. "You know, Angelica is turning 16 in a week. I wanna give her that 1700s theme she's been talking about and then we can go to Disney that weekend."

"We could arrange that. Let's go talk to her." We walked back from getting the ice cream and sat with everyone else.

"Angelica, your Father and I have decided that we are going to give you the party you've always wanted." She dropped her straw into her milkshake and looked at us with wide eyes.

"Really?" We nodded. "Oh thank you so much!"

"Alex mon ami, spoil your kids too much."

"I am fully aware of that Laf." Maria, Eliza, and Little E pulled up chairs to our table and said hello. "Where's Peggy and them?"

"Peggy wasn't feeling well so they went home."

"Aww. I want Auntie Peggy here though. But guess what!" Angelica had a really wide smile across her face.

"What?" Maria smiled too.

"Daddy's letting me have 1700s style party! Oh I can't wait."

"That's wonderful my dear. Have you picked a dress? Liza and I would be happy to take you later if you'd like."

"Can I dad?" Angelica turned towards Alex and I.

"Sure. Have her home by 5:00 please." Angelica smiled and hugged us. "You should go now. It'll give you more time." She nodded and I kissed her head.