17:

I know, weird name for a song, but it is the most beautiful thing to grace my ears. If you know me, you'll know I'm an otaku (a Japanese media fan) and I heard it for the first time while binge-watching an anime and when I discovered the English version; it screamed Sans and Frisk for me. Sorry, I can't post the English one for you guys, I just can't find it on Youtube. But just google it and it comes right up.

Disclaimer:

I do not claim to own the original game nor its many AUs; as such Flowerfell and Echotale, or other AUs are mentioned, but this plot and possible original characters/AU belong to me. Any famous songs, TV show/movies/books and manga names, and brands that are mentioned in this work belong to their rightful owners. This is purely for fun and my inner fangirl. The song featured in this chapter belongs to me.

© Willa Field

-.-.-.-.-

17:

Yume no Tsubasa

Sans and Frisk

(Third POV)

-.-.-.-.-

"You were so stupid, Frisk! You need to be more careful than that, you don't know what's out there. You might have gotten even more hurt! Sans was worried sick, as were we." Asriel scolded his pouting sister deeply as Papyrus stood on the other side of the bed with his hands on his narrow hips, and Asriel was rubbing his head in frustration as she stubbornly stared back at him before she breathed deeply and she began to move her hands.

'I'm sorry, brother. I thought it was the only way to find answers, I've tried to broach you and Sans about it, but when I tried to open my heart, I didn't get anything back.' That knocked all the anger right out of their bodies, a little of shame replaced the heated feeling.

They knew they couldn't say a word about it, they knew that, but that knowledge didn't soothe the shame they felt. They watched as she changed while the months went, becoming more and more like her old self, and with the change, their desire to confess everything to the human grew. But, they all feared to utter just one word, even if they knew she was remembering.

Despite that being plain obvious, the fear of losing her trapped the answers in their throats, locking away the things they so desperately wanted to reveal, and that forced her to look for the answers she needed. And in the progress, the flower put herself in danger while she searched.

For her big brother, it was pure torture. All Asriel wanted was to protect her, but that was impossible if they couldn't say why she shouldn't run off. It was completely maddening for the monster prince, but he couldn't imagine how his best friend was feeling. This fear must be a thousand times worse for Sans.

The prince took a big breath, coming out of his thoughts before he moved onto her temporary bed and took her tiny hand into his much bigger paw with a small smile:

"I'm sorry we can't tell you, sis. It's just not the right time, as cheesy as that sounds, we can't. But, next time you see a weird light or have the urge to run off, tell us. Please?" He reasoned, trying to get the fear across to her, and squeezed her hand a bit harder.

The flower sighed, looking to the window as the conversation with Sans returned to her mind; reminding the flower of the gut-twisting guilt she felt.

Frisk wished she was braver to ask earlier, even if she wouldn't get a true answer from them. But she just couldn't. She felt strongly that she had to find the keys to the many doors leading to the missing pieces of her memories and heart on her own. She had to uncover all the mysteries of her past to become the self she always needed to be, the self everyone saw within her but she couldn't even fathom. It was her mission and it still is, as she draws closer to coming face to face with her faceless father, to not only free the monsters but herself as well.