10:

-.-.-.-.-.-

10:

Monsters

Sans, Asriel, Gaster

(Third POV)

-.-.-.-.-.

As soon as his flower was tucked in and far in dreamland as he exited the small room, Sans breathed a deep sigh as he leaned against the wall, the memory of the discussion with Gaster and the anger burned through his veins:

When he and Error popped in the code room, the mad scientist was there with a grin with his hands neatly folded in front of him, his sole purple pupil was glowing with a mad excitement as he took in the other two skeletal monsters with heated glares blazing behind their sockets.

The scientist was waiting for them, Sans growled along with Error, as that realization hit him. Gaster let a giddy giggle as he stepped forward. The white skeleton balled his fists tighter and tighter with each step the wild-eyed skeleton took. Sans could see his excitement grow as he neared, his whispery voice echoed through the usually quiet, but humming room.

"Ah, my boys. I'm so happy to see you! Are you here to help me get the human's soul?"

His bone-chilling tone sent a shiver down his spine as he opened his eyes, meeting the worried ambers of his friend. Sans flinched at the look in Asriel's eyes, walking to a small living room and sat on a musky couch.

He knew what was coming, and even if he knew he had to know, the skeleton didn't want to relive the meeting. It was too creepy to think about.

His headache grew as the memory crept into his mind, the fear slowly clawed at his non-existent gut while he thought back to the memories, the horrifying memories he wanted so much to forget. But, he couldn't run away from them, they were like ghosts; haunting him until he had to relive them.

They were like demons, monsters, in the dark:

The way he gushed over the details of his torturous plans for the kind human, the way he detailed how he would save the whole monster race with her soul. Sans growled deeply at the tone he had as he told them his plans, like Gaster was an excited child explaining their gifts from Christmas Day.

That giddy tone sent the heated feel of bile came up his throat, all the details were dancing through the walls of his mind; replaying like a bad song over and over until he almost went insane.

The only relief came when Asriel's voice cut through those thoughts, bringing his eyes to the snowy goat's troubled expression.

"You went to confront Gaster, did you?" Asriel required, coming to sit on a chair's arm. His skeletal friend nodded fast, fighting the growing headache as his whispered reply filled the room.

"Yep, and he is even more insane, fucking insane, As."

With that, the other male launched through an explanation of the meeting, seeing the goat monster cringed at points.

The other monsters' hunch was right, he was just waiting for an opening into the game. An opening to control the situation, to get what he wanted, and Sans stupidly gave him a chance.

And Gaster didn't waste a moment to rub that fact in his face as he taunted him, detailing the plans he had for not only him, but his entire family and his beloved.

He shuddered deeply at one thing the madman said, causing Error to try to attack the grinning skeleton, growling like a caged wolf which just watched their pup get killed. But the scientist was thinking ahead, poofing out of the way and letting another whisper out with a giddy giggle: