5:

-.-,-.-,-

5:

Shake it out

Frisk and Asriel

Sixteen years later

(Third POV)

-.-,-,-.-

You are a freak!

I am ashamed of you, why can't you be normal?

You can't do anything right!

No one wants to be your friend!

These are things that sixteen-year-old Frisk Sawyer hears on a daily base from her parents, the only people she wanted to please, but that was impossible. Nothing she does is good enough for them.

She gets straight A's and they want straight A pluses, she dances for her mother; everyone thought she was great, but they want amazing. She doesn't get into trouble at home or school, but they think that she is a demon. All because she is a mute, a freak who couldn't speak, she can't be perfect in her parents' eyes no matter what she does. Yes, Frisk isn't perfect, and she knows it.

-.-.-.-

She wasn't safe at school either, she tried to be, but each time she reached out for a friend, she was only rewarded by being bullied and the adults in the school turned a blind eye from her suffering. As the days went on, the words and wounds slowly weighted down on the poor girl's soul, making her desire death. Freedom from the pain, freedom from the dark reality she had to face...

The only peace she had was when she hid in the library and read stories about the monsters and the war. She didn't know why, but she felt a small connection to the monsters more than the humans who abused her. She felt like she understood them and they would understand her, protect her from the danger she faces every day.

That was what she was doing when she finally was driven to run away, leaving all the pain behind her as she ran past the trees and up the mountain, her cheeks were stained with tears and the red of blood.

That day, her bullies both at home and school went too far. Her skin was now marred by many bruises and scars from knives, scattered over her body. And her leg was painfully dragging behind her as she ran out of the shadows of the trees, but Frisk didn't care; she just wanted to get away from the real monsters and to the only place she knew she would be safe:

The Underground...

Once the sun touched her skin; Frisk collapsed into tears, her face buried in her hand as she knelt at the gaping mouth of the only entrance to the Underground, and the memories washed over her as unknown sounds bounced off the walls of the cave:

-.-.-.-.-

Her cries echoed throughout her room, her hands were trying to protect her head as her father growled deeply, kicking her harder as time grew. The pain grew with every blow:

"You're disgusting!" The father shouted at her when she tried to plea for mercy, only to be dealt another blow and then he moved on to more sadistic actions.

Finally, she was freed when the clock sounded at eight 'o'clock and she had to prepare for the other hell in her life, school. Her father growled the order at her before exiting the small room, leaving his daughter to cry loudly as she cleaned herself and redress before she walked out of the house. The little beauty's head was lowered with each step, kids taunting her followed close behind her until the bell called the teens to class, freeing her for a couple of hours.

As the teachers' lessons went on, she would look out of the window when the teachers didn't call on her, each had a view of Mount Ebott. The view gave the teenager some level of comfort, the reason still hid from her, but she was thankful for the feeling as she rubbed the wounds on her arms. She sighed deeply and buried her face into the crook of her elbow, listening to the teacher's words.