7:

-.-.-.-.-.-

7:

Safe and Sound

Sans, Asriel

(Third POV)

-.-.-.-.-.-

Sans The Skeleton hated work with a passion. He was always lazy, but being a few feet from the door that leads to his beautiful Frisk, just made this harder.

Just standing at his station as his phalanges tapped impatiently on the wood while he watched as monsters laughed and strolled by him, hating them for something that was unfair to hate them for. Their happiness as they held onto each other, enjoying their love.

It just reminded the skeleton of what he used to have, joking and playing with Frisk as they made their way to Grillbs' or to his house.

So, yeah, Sans hated to work even more now. But he had a job to, a part to play. This made him miss the time before Frisk fell, hating that feeling, but the searching for her distracted him from the hole in his chest. This was just torture, watching other lovers and wishing he was them with his beloved Frisk:

He growled before taking a gulp of mustard, the only thing that didn't change, and leaned back on the shelf of the old station. His eyes were trained on the Gate, just hoping to see a glimpse of her:

It had been months now, and even though Asriel gave him reports about her progress, the skeleton just wanted to see her eyes on him again, to have her smile at him once more. He wanted to have her love again, but Sans didn't have much faith left. He only had the dark thoughts, of doubts and loneliness, from the long years without her gentle love.

Again, the skeleton feared that he would never have the true ending he wanted, he would be alone and without her forever.

This will never end, he recalled with a dulled amusement while the ancient skeleton popped a cigarette between his sharp teeth as he turned his sockets to the town's entrance, lighting it as he smirked harshly. He was in an endless loop of just getting a glimpse of his desired ending and then something throws reality back at him, reminding the now-skeptical skeleton that there might be a happy ending for them, only the hope of one.

Sans idly wondered if this was his punishment for all his sins. He loved the one he once killed, and now, he was being slowly killed by the hole she leaves. If the male was honest with himself, it was a fitting punishment:

"BROTHER!!! ARE YOU BEING A LAZY SACK OF BONES AGAIN?!"

The shout broke the dark spell and Sans turned to see his cinnamon roll of a brother stumbling towards his big brother, a grin stretched across his face. Paps probably sensed his depression before he left for his own job with Undyne at Asgore's castle, so Papyrus came to check on him.

Their relationship slowly improved, but there were hurt feelings on both sides. Sans, reliving the bullying from Papyrus, and Papyrus, well, hated that his brother pushed him away the first months without Frisk. But, they knew that wouldn't break their bond so easily.

After all, they were brothers and they would never stop loving each other. Besides, the Angel of Monsters would be sad if she knew they were still distant from together, so that helped as well.

No one wanted her sad, especially not now. They wanted Frisk's full return to being happy:

"'Course not, bro, I'm working myself down to the bone."

"G!"

He chuckled around his lit cigarette, enjoying the sight of Pappy rolling his slightly lit sockets, before sighing as the young skeleton came to stand next to him and leaned on the polar of the Snowdin's entrance: