16:

(Well I feel dumb, how in the hell did I think this was 18????? Stupid typos!)

I'm so sorry for the wait, my loves. I got super sick before Xmas and then I hit a wall, but it's finally done!

Now, I have some bad news. Updates might come to a short halt after the 22nd. I'm starting an online program for Creative Writing, one term is just six weeks long, and I need to focus on it. But, don't worry, I am not giving up on it!

You'll Be Back is my baby and it might be the longest book I have written; we're at 83, 917 words. How do you give up on that? I'll try to get you another before school starts to hold you guys for the time.

Once again, guys, thank you for all the reads~

Disclaimer:

I do not claim to own the original game nor its many AUs; as such Flowerfell and Echotale, or other AUs are mentioned, but this plot and possible original characters/AU belong to me. Any famous songs, TV show/movies/books and manga names, and brands that are mentioned in this work belong to their rightful owners. This is purely for fun and my inner fangirl.

© Willa Field

-.-.-.-.-

16:

Monsters in the Dark

Sans, Frisk, and Alphys

(Third POV)

-.-.-.-.-

The group followed as Alphys guide them through the Lab, pointing out some important things to them. Though, Frisk sensed that she was guarding something. Something the dinosaur wasn't proud of, that she was ashamed of.

And that feeling got gradually stronger when she noticed the others seemed to know what she was holding back. Yet another secret, yet another thing they are hiding from the flower. She knew that they might have their reasons they needed to, but there were too many secrets; too many unknowns about not only her life, but the world she was trying to free.

How could she do that if her family was keeping her in the dark? If the kept hiding things from her? Should Frisk know those things in order to be prepared?

She scowled at those thoughts, before she felt Sans' hand squeeze hers. She startled out of those worrying thoughts and moved to her eyes to his worried expression, realizing she stopped moving for a moment. She shook her head and smiled reassuringly as her free hand danced in the air:

'Don't worry, I'm fine.' Her hand squeezed back, trying to soothe his worries, but it didn't seem to work. Thankfully, he didn't push it, but it was the first time that the flower realized something about the skeleton

He was quite protective of her. She didn't know why she didn't notice it before since he was the type to hover. And hover over her he did, every step of the way.

Frisk wondered if she was blind as well, because he treated her like a priceless treasure from the day they met again. It wasn't very hard to see how much he needed to keep her safe, how much she meant to him. She just couldn't see it then, but the flower wouldn't be so ignorant about it now.

She smiled at that thought, turning her eyes back to him just when a flash of light in the corner of her eye:

She furrowed her brows in confusion, almost missing Sans' concerned-colored voice, waking the young woman yet again:

"Sweetheart, you ok? You are spacing out a lot, you training to be an astronaut?" He joked lightly, bringing her hand to his teeth for a kiss.

The flower chuckled shyly, trying to ignore the feeling of being watched, before forming the 'okay' sign. He hummed bemused, clearly wanting to discuss it further, but he dropped thankfully as he went back to talking to Alphys about her work. However, Frisk knew that they will talk about it later. He was too protective to let her thoughts go unheard.