15:

-.-.-.-.-.-

15:

All Of You

Sans and Frisk

(Third POV)

-.-.-.-.-.-

Something was different about Frisk, something lighter. The change was slight, but Sans couldn't ignore the change as hope gripped ahold of his soul. He couldn't help but hope.

Ever since the scare she gave them, she was more open with him. She still hid things, but every time she could, she would cling to him and smile at him so lovingly; the poor skeleton almost melted into a puddle of bones.

But what changed?

Sans didn't know, but there was a different air to the flower. An air of peace, an air of freedom.

After they said goodbye to Undyne a few days of resting later, she stuck to his side for hours; just enjoying the time with him. Like she was no longer unsure of who she was, she was finally comfortable in her skin.

Sans smiled at her when she laughed and excitedly signed, wishing he could just hold her hand. To just be an actual couple, he wished and prayed that this was the end of his loneliness.

But, then, his skepticism reared its ugly head. He wanted to hope, he did, but he couldn't help. The skeleton hoped that his waiting was over, however, he walked on the cautious side. Sans was hopeful before, only to lose her once again.

He didn't want to get his hopes up just to be crashed when they don't make it in time or if Gaster found a way to win. It was better to be careful until the very end to avoid disappointment, he learned over the time with her.

But she made it hard to not hope.

With a heavy sigh, he looked over at her as they traveled closer to the lab, watching while she cuddled his jacket closer to her nose. Just like many times before.

He smiled slightly as he moved toward to her side, Asriel and Papyrus following close behind but away enough that the pair had some privacy.

The skeleton wasn't the only one that noticed the change:

Asriel smiled at the pair, feeling the warmth of hope as he watched his best friend moved to Frisk. He didn't know where this would end, but he needed to hope. He knew Sans was still skeptical, no matter how much he wanted to hope freely, so the goat would hope enough for the both of them.

His eyes were brought to the pair when Sans' low growl rung out in the warm air, making his smile turned into a small grin as he peeked at Pappy from the corner of his eyes, who was mirroring the sly grin:

"You sure like that jacket, dove. Who gave it to you?" He questioned lowly, popping a cigarette between his teeth, as his hand itched to hold her hand but he didn't move a muscle for fear of startling her.

She shifted her gaze from the jacket to his own, startled at first at the sudden break of silence. Then, she smiled a secretive smile as she lifted her hands slowly into the air, holding his gaze with every movement. She loved how her words affected him.

'I don't know for sure, but I think a close friend did.' Frisk finished her statement with a wink before she ran ahead to the double doors to the lab, leaving the skeleton standing there with a stunned expression laced to his sharp features while the other males tried, and failed, to hold back a laugh.

That was all they needed, they knew that she remembered. They didn't know how much, but it definitely was enough to know who and what Sans is to her; who everyone was up to this point.