Chapter 58

_Brooke's POV_
*10 years later*

Yeah, it's been 10 years. And a lot has happened. And most of it I regret. Once I graduated, I met Taylor again. We started to talk and ended up dating. And we dated for 3 years and ended up having a child, names Ava Grace Caniff. She's now 7. And I'm a single mom. Ava Grave was the best thing that happened to me, even though it happened three years after college.

How did Taylor and I break up? Well, when Ava Grace was 3, one night Taylor was beating me. He's never done it before. And then, he stole my car and left. Then got in a car accident, but was okay. Come to find out, he was taking drugs. Now he's in jail for 20 years. And if he ever lays a finger on Ava Grace, he will be arrested again. She doesn't deserve to be around him. She doesn't remember him, and I told her that he did bad things and is now paying. She wouldn't understand.

One day, I was at the grocery store with Ava Grace. I saw this man walk in with a suit and tie on, and looked familiar. I shook it off and kept on shopping.

"Mommy, can we make eggsalad tonight?"

"Of course we can sweetie." Ava Grace likes to take things off the shelves, what we need and don't need.

"Excuse me?" A deep voice says. I look up and it's the man in the suit and tie.

"Can I help you?"

"Yes actually, are you by any chance Brooke Ryor?"

"Yes, I am."

"Good, I'm Hayes Grier."

Hayes, he's back.

"Hayes!" I hug him, and Ava Grace stands there confused.

"Is this daddy?"

"No, this isn't daddy. It's a good friend of mine that I haven't seen in a long time."

"Well, I like him." Hayes laughs.

"Who's this little cutie?"

"This is my daughter, Ava Grace."

"Daughter? Wow, it's a pleasure to meet you." Hayes shakes her small hand.

"I'm 7."

"You are? Well, I'm as old as your mom. That's really old" Ava Grace laughs and hugs my side.

Hayes and I talk as we shop, and when we are done he pushes the cart to my car and puts my bags into my trunk as I put Ava Grace into her booster seat.

"Brooke, can I talk to you out here?"

"Yes, I will be right back." I say to Ava Grace and she nods her head. I shut the door and walk over to Hayes.

"What's up?"

"Brooke, you're probably over what happened in London, but it was a photoshop. It's fake and it pissed me off when I saw it. I knew once you saw it that you would break up with me. And I couldn't stop it, I was an ocean away from you. But I am sorry."

"It's okay Hayes, it was 10 years ago, I'm over it now."

"Good, can I tell you something?"

"Of course."

"I still remember the day I first saw you. What you were wearing, and I still remember the thoughts I had. I can't get you out of my head Brooke, for over 14 years I couldn't get you out of my head.

"I can't get you out of my head either."

Little did I know, one year later, wedding bells rang. I'm now called Mrs. Brooke Grier, and I couldn't be happier than ever. My dreams came true. I'm married to the man I love, and I was reunited with all my friends again. Alex, Jacob, Shawn, Julia, Dani, Emily, Aaron, Matt, the Jacks, Nash, Cameron, Carter, and even Taylor. He apologized to me, and now he has Ava Grace every other weekend, and she's happy to have a father.

So, I guess it wasn't just a happy ending for me, but also for everyone else too. And we never lost contact. And I'm proud to say, all the stress and depression I went through, I'm glad I did. I wouldn't be where I am today without it.

Maybe, just maybe, It was Love At First Sight.

---------------------
Well, that's the end guys! I'm really glad you liked this story, I hope you did at least. 🌴

Instagram: julia.lemieux / fuking.shawn

Twitter: lemieux_julia
-----------------------