Chapter 28

(a/n: I'm making a chapter about Alex because she came in and hasn't been mentioned so hereee.)

_Alex's POV_

Brooke is really having a hard time with out Julia here. Everyone is. It's been quiet.

We were on out way back up to the room from swimming when Jacob touches my shoulder.

"Can we talk? Like in private?"

"Uh, sure. Let's go."

What if he asks me out? I don't think I'm ready yet. Am I?

"Okay, so I feel like we should spend time together. And get closer, as friends. So do you wanna go somewhere?" Jacob asks.

"Sure! When?"

"Right now if you want."

"Okay! Where will we go?"

"Movies?"

"Yeah!"

Jacob and I walk to the movies. We were quiet and it was awkward. So, I asked him a question.

"What movie do you wanna see?" I say, breaking the silence.

"Whatever you want."

"Well, I've always wanted to see Heaven Is For Real, but you probably wouldn't be interested in that so we c-"

"I read the book, I've wanted to see that since it came out."

"Okay!"

Before I know it, we arrive at the movie theater.

"2 tickets to Heaven Is For Real, one large popcorn, and two blue slushy's."

"That'll be $15.42"

I pull out my money but Jacob takes my hand and puts it down.

"I got this, don't worry."

I smile as his kind gesture. We grab our food and walk into the theater.

"Are you excited?" Jacob said.

"More like nervous, I know I'm going to cry and I don't want you to see me cry."

"It's okay, I'll hug you when you do cry."

I lean my head on his shoulder as the lights fade and the movie starts.

-----

After the movie, I had dried tears on my cheeks. Everyone was crying, and Jacob was the only boy in the theater, and he wasn't crying.

"That was really sad." Jacob said.

"I know, that kinda ruined having out 'getting closer' time."

"I know. But, Alex, I asked you to come with me in this 'date' so I could tell you something. I like you, a lot."

"Jacob I feel the same, but I don't think I am ready for a relationship just yet. I'm so busy with soccer and you are busy with your music career."

"I get your point, but, maybe we can take a step down. Friends with benefits?" Jacob pulls a box out of his pocket and I open it. It is a charm bracelet with a soccer ball charm and a charm that says 'Alex Steele' and on the back it says my number, 10.

"Oh my god Jacob, thank you, so much!"

"You're welcome Alex."

Jacob and I walk back to the hotel and when I walk in the room I see what I didn't expect to see. But, I am glad I saw.

Julia.

--------------------
Okay, this is short but I'm going to update again tonight because I didn't last night. Sorry! It's gonna be hectic for the next few weeks because of mainly softball. So I'll upstate again!
Instagram: _juliamendes_
Twitter: lemieux_julia
--------------------