Chapter 22

_Shawn's POV_

When Brooke left to take a shower, I couldn't hold it any longer. I ran to my room and started crying. About 5 minutes later, Aaron walked in.

"You okay?"

"Does it look like I am? My girlfriend is kidnapped and I didn't do anything to save her."

"This isn't your fault. It's nobody's fault. It's gonna be okay."

"I hope so. And I wanted to say thank you for trying to save her."

"You're welcome. You guys are my brothers, and the girls are my sisters. I'll do anything for them. Now we better go, the guys were leaving when I came to see you."

"Alright, let's go."

When Brooke comes down the stairs, her eyes are as red and puffy as mine. She's in the same position as me. She probably feels worse.

"Let's go find them." Brooke says.

"Alright." Taylor says. He's driving his new car.

"It's gonna be okay." Brooke says and hugs me.

-----

We stop by all the old, run down houses. Screaming their names. No answer. We stopped by about 7 so far.

"Here goes nothing." Nash says.

"HAYES! JULIA! YOU HERE?" Aaron screams.

_Hayes' POV_

"How long are you planning to keep us?" I ask.

"Forever. You'll live with me. Work for me. And you won't leave this house."

"House? More like a shack! This place sucks!" Julia said.

"Did I ask for your opinion? I think not.

Would you rather be living in a box in an alley?"

"Anywhere as long as you aren't here."

"I wouldn't push it if I were you, bitch." Anna said as she walked over to Julia and put her face in hers.

"Just leave us alone, please. I'll do anything. Just don't hurt any of my friends." I say.

"I'd rather not. How about I-."

I hear people faintly screaming.

"HAYES! JULIA! YOU HERE?"

I look at Julia and she smiles. I smile back.

"YES IN THE BASEMENT!" We scream at the same time.

Anna pulls out a gun. Oh shit.

"Who's first?"

"None of them. Leave them alone, Anna." Brooke runs in.

"Okay, then it's your turn." Anna turns around and aims the gun at Brooke.

"No, please." I say.

Anna shoots the gun. Nothing comes out.

"Dammit! Out of bullets!"

Thank god. Brooke and Alex run in and so doesn't all the guys. Brooke and Alex untie Julia and I and Aaron calls the police. Taylor and the guys hold Anna down as the police are on their way.

_Brooke's POV_

When the police came, all they did was ask what happened and took Anna to see what her punishment would be.

"Hayes, I'm so glad to have you back."

"I'm glad that everything is okay now. I think we should get some Taco Bell."

"I'm in!"

We all go to Taco Bell and eat, then go back to the hotel. We were all so tired, so just decided to go to sleep.

The next day, Julia made us breakfast and I get in the shower. I wear a black crop top that says 'Beach, please' in purple and white high waisted shorts. I wear my black vans. I curl my hair and wear no makeup.

"What are we doing today?" I ask Julia.

"The boys are just hanging out. Wanna go to the mall then eat lunch out?"

"Of course! Let me grab my purse."

"Okay, I'll text Shawn to tell the guys we will be gone.

Finally, Julia and I get to spend a day without the guys. I love the guys, it's just that Julia and I haven't had much time to ourselves lately.

We walk to the mall because it's a really nice day out. We shop at Brandy Melville, Hollister, PacSun, and TopShop then go eat lunch at Panera Bread.

"Do you wanna tan?" I ask.

"Yes!"

Julia and I get our bathing suits and go to the beach and walk down to where it's private. So far, this has been a great day. I take a picture of me and Julia and put it on Instagram.

@brookeryor: Tanning with the bæ. ☀️👌👙 @julialemieux

I get comments saying:

Isn't she dating Shawn?

You two are so pretty!

Ew, who's that?

You are so ugly.

I laugh at hate comments, they don't bother me at all.

I get a text message from Hayes.

Me, you. Date. Tonight. :)

I'm so excited! I wonder what he's going to do...this day got 100x better.

-------------------

Sorry it's so short, but I was almost done with this chapter and it deleted so I typed this up. It will be better tomorrow, I promise.

Instagram: _juliamendes_

Twitter: lemieux_julia

-------------------