Rift

Raven sighs.
He comes to the couch and sits next to me.

"Jess we almost lost you , you could have died."

It was my turn to sigh.

"Listen to me Jess okay?" He tells me in a sharp but kind tone.

I nod and smile , he smiles back.

"Good, I have a question for you." He begins but he doesnt give me time to answer. "Do you know what a rift is?"
I shake my head but I did become curious on what a rift is.

"Alright ill tell you"he began.

" A rift is a place you go to after death. This is where you change.. forever. Depending on who you are you shall become a demon or angel, that is if all goes as usual. If you do you shall protect somebody on this planet who has never been a protector him or her self. If not everything goes as usual you could come out as a half angel or half demon. If you where already half of something, like you. The persob might even end up as 1/4 of their old self and 3/4 of angel or demon. It all depends on the situation really."

That was alot to take in at one go. My mind almost blew up. I could have died and come back having to protect somebody. Raven noticed whats on my mind.

"Dont worry about it Jess, you are safe with me."

To be honest, I already knew that. What was on my mind is that I know I cant stick to Raven forever. I have to get my own life someday. I guess not right now.

My mind was churning with questions.
Suddenly I realised.

"So Lukas died? And came back as a demon?"

Raven nods

"Since im demon lord I do some of the training for the new demons and I still remember Lukas."

"Wait.. so who does he protect?" I ask

"Nobody. He killed the person he had to protect." He replied

"Then what happened?" I ask

"He got trapped on earth forever , he could never visit the place they call "hell" unless he was called in for training. A protector will get trapped on earth if the person he protects gets killed. If the protector dies, the person dies with him."

I didnt feel bad for Lukas being trapped. I only felt bad for the kid he had to protect.

"Did you ever protect anybody, Raven?" I ask

"Well I gave up being a protector years ago.. who it was doesnt matter."

I nod. I taught it was best not to ask anymore.

"Go to sleep Jess. Tomorrow we have to take Anne to the doctors for a checkup on her broken arm and twisted leg." He advises me

Oh ye . I had forgotten all about that. I forgot that tomorrow was Anne's checkup. Raven goes to his room to get another book but by the time he's back to check on me, I was already asleep. "Goodnight Jess", he told me even though I was asleep.