How it all started

Alright lads, before you start reading this wonderful adventure, I just wanted to let you know that on Wattpad, a book related to this one ( by another author) is available to read! https://my.w.tt/jSXrv4hEvN
ROGUE BOOK 1
Happy reading!
_______________

I lay on the sand looking up at the surface of the sea. My little sister is bugging me.

"Come on or you are gonna be in trouble with dad", she tells me in a worrying tone.

"It doesn't matter , i'm always in trouble.." I say sighing tiredly.

I did not want to get my sister in trouble along with me, so I got up.

It was time to continue swimming to our new destination.

I didn't really care anymore. It was better if I just got lost.. forever

Then the world wouldn't have me to worry about anymore.

"Go , Ill catch up with you, I just um need to go get one last item."

I watch my little sister swim away and I look up at the surface again.

The temptation was real. I couldn't not do it.

I swam up to the surface and looked around. The beach was empty.Nobody was there , so I crawled onto the sand. I had this feeling that I was home,even though Im a half mermaid and I belong in the water. I look down at my dress. It was dripping but it didn't matter to me. I stood up very slowly and soon enough I could easily keep my balance. I looked around once again to check that nobody was there so that I do not look like an idiot. After a while I could find that I could walk. It was pretty easy,infact I learnt to run shortly after and I ran around the beach with the soft sand touching my feet.I loved it. It felt much better than swimming. Suddenly I hear soft footsteps behind me.

I turned to see a person. It wasn't even a person , it was a shadow. I wasn't sure what it was but I had a few guesses. I wasn't going to stay there to find out. My heart was poundingin my chest and I started running to the water. for a few seconds the shadow seemed to run or more like glide after me. There was no way I was going to let myself die. I turned around to face the shadow for a split second and I shot it with an ice beam. After that I kept onrunning. I noticed the shadow stopped gliding after me as if it lost interest in me.

I wasn't certain so I dove into the water where it felt safe.

3 years later .........

I returned home from mermaid school with another bruise on my face. Nobody seemed to notice that I had a bruise nor did anybody notice that it is my 10th birthday. Of course
everybody but my little sister who had gotten me and oyster with a pearl that I appreciated alot. Home seemed very strange recently, like my parents where hiding something.

I put my hand on my face and felt the bruise. It was very sensitive. If only I just had a tail likeother mermaids , it wouldn't even be a problem. That is it. My legs is what gets me bullied and hated by everybody and I mean EVERYBODY. I don't have any friends because I was born a half mermaid. No half mermaid has ever existed since about 100 years ago and that mermaid got killed. I look up to see my dad looking down at me "What stupid stuff have you done today?"
he says examining my bruise. I look down and walk away slowly because I know he is onlymaking fun of me. He knows exactly what happened to me. "Listen young lady, stop acting like
a smartass and talk to your father with respect" My dad shouts at me. That was the last straw.

I didn't want to go through this again. I look at him in the eye with the death stare. "I will stop acting like a smartass when you start treating me like i am actually your daughter and not like some piece of trash!" I scream in his face. He grabs me by my dress and punches me in my face then shoves me into my room and locks me.

I didn't like this anymore. I had to plan to escape, just like my grandma did. Nobody ever talkedabout my grandma. They say she looked alot like me and was just as a disgrace as I am.
Except she was never a half mermaid. I grabbed a small bag and stuffed whatever wasimportant. I couldn't take many things because I had to run. All I had to do was wait , until my dad came to open the door. I look at
myself. Was I sure what I was about to do? I realised I would never see my sister again.

I felt really bad. I would never watch my sister grow with me. Tears started rolling down my cheeks but I didn't think about it for long because a few seconds later I herd the door unlock.

I grabbed my bow and arrow made of ice and aimed at the door, my dad opened it and I shot.

It hurt him but did not kill him. I ran out of the door and ran out. As I run out I see my little sister I looked at her and I start to tear up again, I had to run I couldn't stop. Looking up at the surface I was nervous. Anything could be waiting for me there..