The Future

Kenzie and Johns future. Eight years later from the previous chapter. My new story has nothing to do with this story.

Kenzie's P.O.V

"Momma. Nathan is being a big fat meanie." Chloe says with a pout as she runs behind me. Nathan stands in front of me waiting to attack his sister.

"Stop fighting you two. What's wrong this time?" I ask.

"Nathan took my dolls."

"But Chloe took my cars first." Nathan said grumpily.

"Alright you two. Apologize... Now." They look at each other before slowly saying sorry.

The house door then flew open causing the kids to jump up and down.

"Daddy's home." John says as they ran towards him in fast speed. A chuckle left my lips as John hugged them all.

"I missed you dad." Chloe says.

"Me too dad." Nathan said.

"I want candy." Chloe added.

"I'm older. I should have candy." Nathan comments.

"I bought gummy bears. We could share them while we watch some tv?" John suggests as they nodded.

"Come on." I gesture then towards the movie room. We decided on 'Lion King.' John then got up out of his seat and answered a phone call. The kids were so engaged in the movie and the gummy bears that they didn't notice. I sneakily got up and followed him.

"No... Yes... Of course but this must be done. I understand... Fine." He hung up angrily as he turned to face me.

"Everything ok?" He shook his head.

"The construction for the hotel in Florida has been delayed. I have to go there to see what's wrong." He said as he looked back at the movie room. "But I'd hate to leave them for that long."

"How long?" He shrugs.

"It could take up to a month." I peck his lips.

"We could go with you? I mean I could teach the alphabet to the kids and stuff."

"But they'd miss out on their friends." John says.

"They will always have each other. Besides when they come back they could see their friends."

"And you? You have concerts." I shook my head.

"I only have two concerts this month. I'll fly back for those concerts and fly back as fast as I can." I reply.

"You're the best Mackenzis." A chuckle left my lips as I peck his lips.

"I know. Now let's get back to the kids. They'll be wondering where we are soon."

"They wouldn't notice. Besides I want to kiss my wife and have some fun." He winks at me as his hands travel down my hips suggestively.

"John." I shuffle a giggle. "The kids are right there."

"Then we'll go somewhere else."

"MOMMY? DADDY?" Chloe shouted.

"Damn it... Why'd we have kids?" I shove him playfully as I roll my eyes.

"If you didn't get carried away." He shook his head adding a chuckle.

"I'm kidding. I love them."

"You better Juan Ortiz." I said as we walked back to the movie room.