Chapter 39

Johnny's P.O.V

Everyone stares at me while Annie chuckles evily. Everyone glances at each other while whispers escape the room. She ran out that door. She said no... it ruined my mood. Her friends give me a sympathetic smile.

"I'm sorry John." Maddie says with a small smile.

"Let's find Kenzie." Brooke says as the girls left, following Kenzie. Lauren and Hayden walked up to me.

"You ok man?" Hayden asks.

"Do you think I'm a ray of sunshine right now?" He looked down.

"John." I shook my head. I'm done with everything right now. I lost the war. Jenzie is officially over. I have to let this go. I walked out to my car. Although I should be embarrassed, the only thing on my mind was hurt. She turned me down...

Maddie's P.O.V

We spotted Kenzie inside a diner with a guy our age.

"She's supposed to be with John not that guy." I state.

"Let Kenzie be Mad." Kendall states.

"I agree. Apparently Kenz is the second choice. That isn't right. She should always be the first choice. Maybe this guy can give her that." Brynn says with a small frown.

"I agree Maddie. Johns a nice guy but I think Kenz needs to have her fun." Kalani adds.

"Fine. We'll talk to her tommorow. Let's go to my house." Maddie states as we left the diner parking lot.

I couldn't help but think they were correct. John has had his flings so why can't Kenzie.

Me- Hey John. I found Kenz. She's enjoying herself right now. I suggest you give her time and leave her alone for now. I may not acknowledge that deal before. But now... I think it's time you leave her alone for a while.

I send the text before we drove off... I know I made the right decision. He doesn't deserve Kenzie. A minute later he replied.

John- I understand.

That's all? He's not even gonna fight? Is he serious? I thought he loved Kenzie. I shook my head in fury. I'm done with this kid.

***
Lauren's P.O.V

"John let her go." I say as I enter his car. "You don't understand do you?" He turned to face me while stopping the car.

"What sis?"

"Kenzie isn't dumb John... She knows everything."

"She knows?" He asks hurtfully. I may have spilled more secrets than I can hold.

"Yes John. And she still hasn't fully forgiven you and here you go doing it again. She definetly can't forgive you this time. She cant let this slide again. She knows better now. Honestly if I were her I wouldn't have gotten with you in the first place." I say before opening the car door. "I still haven't forgiven you or forgotten it John. You hurt her. Bad..." I slam the door shut as I walk towards Hayden waiting in his car.

"You ok?" Tears started leaving my eyes for Kenz. Mostly for me for letting this happen.

"Let's go." I reply not wanting to answer his previous questions. I can't say yes and pretend everything is fine. I let Jenzie go on even though it was broken from the start. I didn't have the heart to stop them. I couldn't do it. Why? She was my best friend and he was my brother. If anything happened.... I couldn't bare losing either one of them. But I think... I just lost both of them.

Hayden's P.O.V

Me- John. What the hell happened?

John- I screwed up Hayden. I ruined everything Hay. Everything is wrong. And it's all because of me. Don't worry about me. I'm fine. I'll be going away for a while now.

Me- What's wrong John? You can tell me. We're best bros.

John- I know Hayden... I'm sorry Hay. Take care of my sis will ya?

Me- Of course I will. But John stay safe.

John- It wouldn't matter if I didn't. I'm gonna go away for a while to rethink everything and forget.

Me- Where are you going John?

Me- John!

Me- Answer me. When will I see you again?

John- I don't know Hay... I hope that everything will be better when I get back. I ruined everything. The only way to fix this is for me to go. So... That's what I'm doing.

Me- Be safe.

John- bye Hayden

Me- Bye John...

What the hell just happened?

Sorry it's a short chapter... Thank you for reading. It's my week off so two chapters in a week.