Chapter 26

Shoutout to sbncuevas for voting for all the chapters

Lauren's P.O.V

The door flew open and there he was. What is he doing here back from that date that fast?

"Oh crap. Bro it isn't what it looks like." Hayden says. John stands there with his jaw dropped and his eyes bursting with fury.

"THAT'S MY SISTER!" John shouts. He stormed towards Hayden. He grabs him by his collar which was unbuttoned because of a few minutes ago. Thinking of it made me blush.

"I'm sorry John." I say.

"YOU PROMISED!"

"Promised?" I ask confused. He promised he wouldn't be with me? "ARE YOU INTERFERING WITH MY LOVE LIFE?"

"YOU'RE MY SISTER!" He excuses.

"I'm sorry John. But I love Lauren. Always have and always will. I tried moving on with Annie but I can't. I can't keep my brain or heart or soul away from Lauren." Hayden states. He loves Me? He loves me? HE LOVES ME?

"Y-you love me?" Hayden turns to face me.

"With every single cell of my body." I pull him in a hug.

"I love you too." I reply as I peck his lips.

"I need time to think." John says as he walks away. I pull away from Hayden and passes him a smile.

"Lauren... Will you be my girlfriend?" A huge grin forms on my lips.

"YES!"

***
Johnny's P.O.V

I need time to think. It was all too much. Tonight was too much for me to handle. I can't deal with tonight. It's too much for me. I had to drive away. My clothes were in a overnight bag in the passengers seat.

I push the pedal quick as I sped off towards the hotel. I need to leave this place as fast as possible.

Once I got in the room, I quickly hop onto the bed as I got a text.

Lauren- Where the hell are you?

After a minute or so, debating whether I should answer or not made me reply.

Me- I'm staying over at a hotel tonight. I need time to think. You were right... I know you like hearing that so please don't get overly proud of it.

Lauren- What happened? I know there is something else wrong. And I'm always correct.

Me- Ask your best friend.

Lauren- I would if I could. She's not answering.

Me- Kenz walked in and saw me and Olivia. She stormed out. Brandon chased after her. I walked out and saw them kissing.

Lauren- THEN WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?

Lauren- Go get your girl. WIN KENZIE BACK!

Me- I need to give her time.

Lauren- ... I can't with you...

Me- Laur.

Lauren- GO AFTER YOUR GIRL JOHN!

Me- I don't think I should.

Lauren- Well I think you should.

Me- Give her some time.

Lauren- Do you want her to end up with Brandon?

Me- No...

Lauren- Exactly.

I didn't bother answering. Some part of me knows that Lauren is absolutely correct but I can't. I can't find it in me to win Kenz back. I can't find the strength in me to get her back.

Lauren- GET YOU'RE GIRL!

I ignored her. I can't do it. I don't want her to be with Brandon. But I know she's mad at me. I know I'm running away. Call me a chicken if you want. But Kenz hates me. She won't listen to me now and I'll be pushing her to Brandon even more. But if I don't go,  Brandon will take advantage of the situation. Why the hell am I so dumb?

Why did I have to be me? If I listened to Lauren everything would've been fine. In the end of both choices Brandon gets her. Kenzie hates me. And I don't want that. But if I go it'll make her hate me even more.

But I couldn't help but wonder. Why was she there with Brandon? Why did she have to be there?

Is this all set up?

Lauren's P.O.V

"He's so stupid. He isn't going after her." I say, annoyed.

"What happened though?" He asks curiously.

"Well... Kenzie met Olivia at some concert of hers. They became friends. Olivia came to a show and they became friends. They're supposed to be on tour but I guess they canceled it. Anyways, after the show we went to a small nearby cafe to eat. Olivia kissed John. Kenzie saw it but John felt something different."

"Oh John..." Hayden says as he shakes his head.

"I know right. Anyways as I was saying, John stood up and went after Olivia the next day. Jenzie broke up. And at Olivia and John's date Kenzie showed up with Brandon. She ran out. He ran after her and John walked out. He spotted them kissing. He didn't do anything to stop it though.'' A sigh escaped his lips.

"Why is my best friend so dumb?"

"What I ask myself each day...." I comment.

"Wait... Why did Kenzie show up?"

"I left her and Maddie to meet you." I respond.

"We need to talk to Maddie." He said as I got my phone out.

After a few rings she answers.

"Hey Laur. Oh hi Hayden." Maddie greets.

"Hey Maddie." Hayden says as he looks at me.

"Hey Mad. We have to talk."

"Oh crap. What's going on?" She asks worriedly. "Is she ok? Tell her to come to the phone. Where is she?"

"What do you mean where is she?" I ask.

"She went to your house. Didn't she?" I shook my head.

"No. She never came."

"Didn't you call her earlier?" I shook my head.

"I was with Hayden. I was keeping us a secret. Don't tell Kenz." A smile appears on her lips.

"LAYDEN! Of course I'll keep my mouth shut. But where is my sis?" There's only one person that came in mind.

"Brandon!" I stated.