Ch. 23 - Sinsational

Through the doors of the nightclub,  away from the quiet, and tranquil night outside, we were met with the pumping volume of sound and color deep inside Sinsational.

"Sin isn't open every ni-ni, and when it does come around it's hush hush or else the whole place goes under." 

She spoke in a strange manner very different from the older Foven we've encountered. I guess this place is more like home than I realized. 

All around us were masses of Foven youth jumping wildly about to the beats blasted throughout the club. The dance floor cluttered with bodies of young and vibrant Foven grinding against one another in lust. Many colorful lights cascaded across the room. The floor lit up with dazzling displays. 

"Wait on the spot, Imma be back like an x with some liquids." Mar'e winked as she laughed and ran off towards the bar.

"Does anybody else have no clue what she's saying?" Miller shouted over the beats.

"Who cares? She's hot...I think." Bobby grinned.

"Hot or not, I don't care, I haven't snuck into a club in ages. This feels so good." 

"Well I've never been to one." I crossed my arms and looked about the club uneasy. It was overwhelming. And not just the sounds and sights, but the taste they all gave off. It was too much for me.

"Well then I'm about to pop your cherry." Madison laughed.

Bobby shouted, "Hell yes." 

"Not like that you moron." She shot him a look.

He laughed.

"I haven't been to a club either." Miller pushed into the conversation.

"Really? I would never have guessed." Madison smiled, mockingly.

"Guess who's back?" Mar'e returned with gusto. "Everyone down these." She passed small glasses to each of us.

"What's this?" I held mine up and stared at it. 

It was an almost clear shade of green. 

"Something to make you all feel good."

Miller took a whiff. "Could you be more precise about that?"

She looked at him funny. "Excuse I am moa?"

Pretty sure something got lost in translation in those books the Foven found.

Miller shook off a wide eyed gaze. "What's in this?"

She smiled. "Oh, I caught ya now. We call it want. It relaxes you, and helps with your desires. It gives you what you want." She laughed.

"Wait, helps with your desires? What does that mean?"

She groaned. "Do not worry. It bothers your face." She put her hand on her hip. "Nothing bad will happen, you only feel good. What you desire will become known to you. But what you do with it is up to you." She winked.

"I'm down." Madison chugged hers back.

"Count me in." Bobby followed.

"What are you guys doing?" Miller shouted. "Adeline?" He turned to me.

I half-smiled. "I mean, what's the harm, right?"

"Literally anything imaginable. We don't know what's in this thing."

I tilted my head back and took the shot. 

Miller looked uneasy, but calmed himself and took my lead. "Guess we're living dangerously tonight." 

I felt it slide down my throat. It felt cool, and had no particular taste to it. After a few moments I still felt no effect.

"When does it start working?"

Mar'e giggled. "It already has." She gestured to Bobby surrounding himself with Foven women. Every one of them fawning over him, and feeling at his muscles.

It made me sick.

"Adeline, how do you feel?" Miller leaned in to talk to me.

"Like he's a jerk." 

"What?" He laughed and then looked at Bobby. "Oh."

I turned in time to see Miller wander off somewhere into the club. "Where are you going?" I guess I shouldn't have said that.

"Just looking for a bathroom," he shouted as he got lost in the crowd.

I had hoped it was only that. Why was I letting Bobby get to me so much? I couldn't let him get inside my head. Not tonight. 

"Come on, let's dance." I pulled Madison out onto the dance floor as I watched Bobby covered in girls hanging around him. Dancing next to him. Grinding up against him.

"Might wanna take it easy there, sunshine." Madison laughed as she noticed my attention tied elsewhere.

"What? Oh, I'm sorry." I continued to dance with Madison. "I just don't understand why those girls are all over him. It makes me so--"

"Jealous?"

"What? You're crazy. Like hell I'm jealous."

"Ouch, then it must be hot in here, cause we're in hell." She smirked at me as she pulled in close. "Don't let him get to you. Just enjoy the night. He'll do his thing, and you'll do your thing."

I turned to Madison and let out a smile. "You're right. This is our night." 

"Yes! Say it, Summers." She screamed.

"This is our night," I shouted, and we let out a party cry.

I put my hands on Madison's shoulders as she danced in front of me. She dropped her body down as she moved along to the beats. I could feel her body move against mine. I laughed and went with it. Letting my hands go up and down her back, and pulling her into me. 

She turned around and faced me. We smiled as we let loose on the dance floor. The beat controlled us as we let it drown out everything that had gone wrong since coming here. As our eyes met and the beat changed, Madison's eyes latched onto mine. I felt a strange sensation coming off of her. The lights crisscrossed over us as she leaned in, and kissed me.

I froze. Unsure what to do. A moment passed before I pulled back. 

"What was that?" I looked at her confused.

She smiled. "What you wanted. Isn't it?" Her smile began to wane as she looked to me for a reply.

I could see the embarrassment in her eyes as I tried to speak. "Madison--"

"Save it." She stormed off into the crowd.

"Madison." I called out, but my voice fell deaf to the sea of voices, and heavy beats.