Love is a Fickle Thing

Mulai dari awal

"Alpha!" A boy came running up in a hurry.

"Yes Max, what is it?" Luke turned around to speak to this Max.

Max stopped to catch his breath then continued, "There was a breach in border patrol. I hear it was a young girl. She said that she needed to speak with you."

Luke gave a look shock/ confusion, "Where is this girl now?"

"Beta Jason took her to the pack house, Sir."

"Thank you Max, you are dismissed." The boy bowed his head, I don't really know why, then ran off.

"Why did he bow his head?"

"It's a sign of submission to his suppressors."

"Oh. Can I go with you to question her?" I asked excited.

Luke looked hesitant, but he reluctantly said yes. "I guess if you're going to be the Luna you might as well learn to take part in everything."

"So, I can go down to the dungeons with you..." I pushed. We were now walking through the yard.

"No."

"Eh. It was worth a shot." I pointed at Luke as we reached the front door, "this is not over."

He sighed and then opened the door. We walked into the living room to see that Jason and Alec were intensely watching a young girl who looked like she was roughly 16 years old. She sat on the couch with legs crossed and hand in her lap.

She was gorgeous. Her long blonde hair fell just past her elbows. It was a caramel color with natural highlights every now and then. She had big blue eyes that twinkled and full pink lips. The girl turned to look at us as we walked over to the chairs across from where she sat.

"Hi," I said cheerfully.

She gave me a soft smile, "Hello."

" And who might you be ?" I asked.

" My name is Channing, Channing Davidson."

Jason looked a little shocked, " Are all the Davidsons coming here?"

" Finn was here?" She looked relieved.

" Yes, well he technically is still here," I tell her.

" When Finn and the others didn't return, I became worried. I tried to tell Thor to send out a search party, but he doesn't care. Not for Finn and most certainly not for me." She explained. "Sense Thor wasn't going to do anything, I took action and came to find them myself. "

" So Thor doesn't give a crap about his own family or pack. " I clarified.

" Correct. "

" He sounds like a keeper. " my voice dripped with sarcasm.

She smirked at my comment. "So, why is Finn still in your pack's territory? "

Luke scratched the back of his neck, "Well, we ran into a complication. He just so happened to be my little sister's mate and well, we couldn't kick him out. So, he still resides here living among-st our pack."

It surprised me at how nice Luke has been to Finn. I know that he's not too fond of the guy, but for Kailee he would do what ever it took to make her happy and Finn is what makes her happy. Luke is an awesome big brother.

"Finn found his mate?" Channning looked over joyed.

"Yep."

Channing sat straight up and began to inhale deeply, almost as if she was sniffing the air. It was kind of weird I don't know what's going on.Then the front door opened, "Oh my gosh guys, I can't go on much longer!" Brennon yelled from the hallway. Brennon entered the room, and kids were dangling from every part of his person. There were four hanging onto his arms. One on his back and two strapped to his legs. Channing let out a high pitched "Eeeeeepppp," sound as she stared at Brennon with such interest.