What the...?

*Tori's P.O.V.*

Why did my mother ever pick this neighborhood? We could have chosen the house beside Kacy in her neighborhood, or the one across the street from Spencer, my other best friend.

I mean I get why we moved, but still this neighborhood? There had to be plenty of other groups of houses we could have moved into.

The move here was after my dad left four years ago. It was kind of hard for my mom to still be in that house, with its constant reminder of my father. I fully understand her choice because I would not want to be reminded of the man that left me and our family.

And well, sense my grandparents live in this town and my mother knew that both Brennon and I had friends who live here as well, it seemed like a perfect fix. It was like a new start for all of us.

Kacy, Spencer, and I have been best friends sense the age of six. I would hang out with them every time Brennon and I would come to my grandparents to stay a month or two over the summer.

Spencer is more of the serious type. Unlike Kacy and I, Spencer chooses to spend her time reading. Which is ok with us because she often recommends really good books for us to read when we feel like it. Yes, I still read even though its not always at the top of my priority list.

At least my neighborhood is pretty. I think as I pass a lovely bush of flowers and a nice stretch of green grass that leads to a shimmering pond. It's almost like a fairytale well, if you don't count my weird as heck neighbors.

Oh look, proof this cluster of houses is weird. My mind wonders as I see a man sitting on his porch in the distance.

As I began to get closer, I could see that he was eating a banana with his shirt off.

He kind of reminded me of the fat guy on 'Lilo and Stitch' who always was eating ice cream that would never last the scene. He was bald and had an extreme sunburn making him look like a, for lack of better words, tomato. The banana he was eating still had its peal on. Wait... what the...?.

Then he looked up at me and part of his banana toppled over and fell towards the ground.

Nope never mind he was the guy from 'Lilo and Stich'. Man, I'll have to come back by and get his autograph. He was my favorite part of that entire movie.

I reached the end of my neighborhood and turned right to go into town.

I was humming along as I ran because of the genius that I am, I forgot to bring my phone containing all of my music. Then Eric saw me.

Eric is that annoying, self centered, egotistical boy that appears in almost every movie about high schools and the drama within them. Eric had short back hair. He was well built and good looking, but not my type.

He has been trying to ask me out ever sense I moved here. He even tried to become friends with my brother to get to me. It didn't work. Brennon caught on to his plan and banned him from our house and from me, but Eric never listened to that last part.

I pushed myself a little harder trying to get my legs to move a faster with every stride.

"Tori, don't pretend like you didn't see me. I know you did." he said in a cocky voice as he began to chase after me.

He and I were the best runners on the track team and in cross country so I knew out running him wasn't going to be easy.

"Oh come on babe. Why does it always have to be like this? Why can't we just have a nice conversation like normal human beings?"

This was true I did always run from him when he gets too close for comfort or when he starts to talk to me. I know I sounds really mean, but he uses girls for his own benefit. It's all about appearances for Eric.