Love is a Fickle Thing

For the past couple of days Brennon and I have been staying at the pack house. I'm so excited to finally be able to be apart of the werewolf world. Today, Luke is showing me where every thing is and what everything is because with some of this stuff I don't have a clue like, why is sliver so dangerous to them? Seriously, it's a butter knife. Everyone freaked out this morning because I was waving one around while telling a story. I think the real question they should be asking is 'why the heck was there a deadly object among-st their kitchen supplies in the first place?'

Then, Kacy and I decided that we should explore the place, but god forbid we go any where else but the main floor. Jason almost had a heart attack when he found us in the basement looking at all of the well cleaned weapons they had down there. Well granted, he did catch Kacy with a sharp looking blade in her hands. Note to self, self never touch shiny objects, apparently they are bad. Yes, including butter knifes.

But out of all this, Brennon seems to be having a blast. The kids love him. They treat him like he is their own personal jungle gym. He plays with them every day. I think the fact that Brennon still tends too act like a kid, makes him more relate-able to the children.

Mother also called. She said that she is in Australia and she probably won't be back for another whole month, so I'm in charge of Brennon. I told her about dad and she just sighed saying, I figured as much. What's really sad is that no one truly had faith that his staying was even an option. Maybe that's why it didn't work out. A positive thing will never overcome if you just focus on the negative ones.

"Ok Tori, this is the pack's doctor, Dr. Bennet." Luke introduced me to a older man, who might I say was very good looking. He was kind of like a George Cloony in a lab coat, so pretty.

"Hello," I said extending my hand.

He took it, "You must be the new Luna. I have heard great things about you." He gave an all knowing look in Luke's direction.

"You have?"

Before he could answer Luke was dragging me away, out of the light blue hospital room and into the cold boring tan color hallway.

"Wait I wanted to hear what the nice doctor man heard about me." I tried turning back around, but Luke would have none of it. He gripped my arms and spun me so i was facing forwards.

"It doesn't matter what he heard."

"But, he said they were great things."

"Tori there is a lot more that we need to cover." He urged. "We have already gone to the nursery, the pack board meeting building, the training gym, the..."

Cutting him off I said, "Luke Castle, are you hiding something from me?" I mischievously smiled. Luke wouldn't look me in the eye. "Were you bragging about me to your doctor friend?" He was still pushing me down the hallway.

"Maybe." He said quickly.

i kept my smile, but let it go, "hey, when can I see the dungeon place, or whatever you call it?"

"Never."

"What? Why not?" I complained.

"Because I don't want you in there. There are creepy people and I would feel much better if you never went near them." He stated. He picked up his pace, making it harder for me to keep up with him. We past by the badge walls of the hospital and made a few turns here and there, and ended up in the lobby. We walked out of the pack hospital and were heading back to the pack house because frankly, I needed some rest. It was getting closed to being dark. The sun was setting just behind the trees as we walked on the trail.

Surprisingly, every thing involving the pack was within walking distance. It was a hidden city in a giant forest shielded by giant trees. I'm surprised no human has noticed this place before.