The news flys

*Tori's P.O.V.*

It's been nearly two weeks sense the last time I saw Luke. My chest started to hurt every time I thought about it.

Why hasn't he tried to contact me? I mean I know we had just met and all, but I was pretty sure we had some kind of connection.

He probably doesn't care about me. In his eyes, I was just some damsel in de stress who couldn't hold her own.

I walked into the living room and flopped myself down onto the couch. Smashing my face into a pillow I let out a whine, "I hate this."

Why am I doing this to myself? I'm a strong independent woman. I should be able to handle what ever this is I'm feeling towards Luke.

And with that said, or you know thought, I pushed my self off of the couch. I have decided that I will go on a walk into the great unknown, Aka the forest.

This forest sat right outside of the whole town. It was kind of strange actually how it circled it self around the place. It wasn't hard for me to find because my neighborhood was one that actually sat near the edge.

So I took off in the that direction and made it to the end of the houses and the beginning of the everlasting stretch of trees.

I had never gone onto the forest before. It was mainly because within my first night of living here I heard howls coming from this very spot of the forest.

But today is the day I face that fear because I am strong. Independent. And a woman. I can handle my what ever dares to come my way.

And with that thought roaming through my head I took my first step into the great unknown.

I have to admit I'm feeling really good about myself right now. The forest is considerably a really beautiful place.

I've seen lots of butterflies, deer, and even a squirrel. I know what your thinking squirrels aren't that interesting Tori. But, this one was trying to crack a nut by smashing it into a tree. He was so cute or at least I think it was a he?

And as I continued my stroll through the forest I came upon a clearing that was covered with wild flowers of almost every kind. In the corner of the clearing sat a little pond.

I moved myself closer to the pond and saw a bunch of cute little ducklings swimming a long. I laughed at their cuteness.

They began to swim towards me. The ducks reached the edge of the pond and just stared at me. Ok this is a little weird. Then a doe came out from behind the pond and began to stare at me as well.

Wow my first time in the forest and I'm already the odd man out. Oh wait correction, woman. Right I am the woman cause I can handle any obstacle that dares to block my path.

My motivational pep talk to myself was cut short when a growl came ripping from behind me. All of my new found confidence trickled away as I turned to see what was it was that produced such a noise. Although I already had a pretty good idea of what it might be. I was still optimistic.

When I was fully turned. I saw the biggest bear, wolf, Sasquatch looking thing I have ever seen. I froze in place.

I roamed my eyes around the clearing hoping to find some way I can escape from the bad outcome that was awaiting me. I saw an opening to my right and so far the only advantage I had was running and even that was iffy.

I didn't think any further into it and started to put my plan into motion. I stepped back a bit to try and put some more distance between and the giant monster wolf thing and then I just took off running to my right. With all of my strength I pushed my body as hard as I could.