Chapter 13: 'Mum'

Start from the beginning

“Fine,” I snapped. They where all lying. “When you feel like telling me what actually happened, you know where to find me.” I dropped the bag I had brought with on the floor next to Black and left.

I wandered around, and found Lily sitting on the edge of the fountain in the court yard.

“Those boys are being complete asses! Even Remus!” I huffed, falling next to her. She didn’t say anything. She just continued to scribble on the corner of her book.

“Lils, what wrong?” I asked, nudging her arm.

“Sev…” she trailed off.

“What happened?” I asked, puling out two Chocolate Frogs and giving one to Lily. She took me and fiddled with the blue and gold octagon box.

“James was messing with him. I-I tried to help,” she defended. “He-He called me the ‘M’ word.” She said, her bottom lip quivering.

“Can I hit him?” I practically begged, she just looked at me. “Ok, can I duel him?”

“Fine,” she sighed.

“Great!” I smiled and grabbed her arm as I towed her to where Snape was with all of his Slytherin buddies.

“Hey! Snape!” I called, he looked up, and his gaze flickered to Lily.

“What?” he snapped, shutting his potions book and putting down his quill.

“I want that rematch.” I said, cocking my hip and dropping Lily’s hand.

“What?” he asked, this time it was more of a question this time.

“You heard me,” he didn’t move. “Scared?”

“No,” he snapped.

“By the lake, 15 minutes, get a back-up,” I said, dragging Lily away too. I was walking back to the castle, when I heard someone hiss my name. I thought it was Black, so I ignored it.

“Waverly!” I heard it again. This voice was slightly higher pitched than Blacks, and colder. There wasn’t that underlying funny tone.

“What?” I snapped, I looked over and saw a younger version of Black. “Who are you anyways?”

“I see my brother neglected to acknowledge my existence, yet again,” he drawled. I saw Lily wrinkled her nose.

“Waverly, this is Regulus. Sirius’s younger brother,” she said, glaring slightly at him. “He’s the Black child that chose to have no spine.” She spat.

“You filthy little mud-blood,” he muttered.

“Hey!” I snapped, taking a step closer to Regulus. “Watch your mouth.” I warned.

“What are you? Half blood? Less? Probably another mud-blood like Evens,” he snapped, I could feel my hands spark.

“And damn proud of it!” I snapped, and hit him. He had blood running out of his nose and dripping onto the green and silver striped on his tie.

“I just wanted to warn you,” he snapped, wiping blood off his face.

“About what?” I asked, feeling Lily try and pull me back. She always was against me hitting assholes.

“My mother doesn’t approve of my brother associating with…” he looked at me like I was yesterdays meatloaf on the ground. “People with a lesser blood status.”

“You can just tell your mother a mud-blood told her to stick it!” I snapped, pushing past him, dragging Lily to the lake.

I heard four voices call me back. I ignored the boys and went to the lake. I saw Snape. I took out my wand and shot out sparks before I was even within 20 feet of him. He deflected them, and shot me a grim smile.

I pushed away from Lily, and deflected his disarming spell. I threw off my robe as I shot a stunning spell his way. It wasn’t until I heard Lily yelling at James, Remus, Peter and Black that my focus changed. I saw Snape mumble a complicated spell, and flick his wand at me. I felt me sway, I braced myself on a large rock. He said some unfamiliar spell, and I squeezed my eyes shut.

It was like I was sucked through a tunnel. I saw when my parents being dragged under the water by the slimy gray bodies. The gargled screams seemed to ring in my ears, I felt West whimper as he hugged my waist tight. The Inferius that I killed was slowly crawling towards us. Hissing, clawing the ground, dragging it’s self forward. The scene changed as I saw the day West left, when Black was with me on the floor. Black was sitting with me on the floor. He brushed hair away from my face, and his hands lingered on my neck. I felt him lean closer, and the scene changed right before I pushed away.

I was finally able to see the sky again. I felt my throat sting from screaming. And it all started over again. I pinched my eyes shut, and I felt an involuntary scream erupt from my chest.

“Severus! Stop it! Stop it!” I heard Lily shriek. It ran over and over in my head three times al least. And each time was worse. New, painful things where added, making my scream louder as they happened.

When it was finely over, I was still on the ground. I had hands fully of sand I was squeezing so hard in my fists they where bleeding. I was breathing hard, gasping for air as I stared up at the clouded sky.

“Oh my God, Waverly, what was she doing to you?” I heard Black asked, I heard James, Remus and Lily yelling at Snape. Black pulled me up so I was half in his lap as he kneeled next to me.

“Wha-What was he doing?” I gasped, I looked up at Black. He was glaring at Snape. He mumbled something, and pulled me up. I wobbled, and fell into his chest. It was like I was physically weak after…What ever that was.

Black put an arm around my waist, and pulled my arm over his shoulders as he helped me to the castle. I was half asleep when we got to the common room. I was gripping Black’s sweater trying to stay up.

I felt him drag me half passed out to the Hospital Wing. “Hey Black?”

“Hm?” he mumbled, kicking the door out of the way.

“Kick his ass,” I sighed, curling up in the cot.

~*~*~*~
Sirius POV

I told Madam Pomfery what happened, and waited for Lily to get there. Once she was, I stalked out to the court yard, and found James and Remus planning how to get him back. Peter was playing with grass. Strange child.

I had to admit, I was surprised to see Remus having so many ideas. I told him this, and he just shrugged.

“If it had been any of you guys screaming your lungs out on the sand, I’d be doing the same thing,” I saw a slightly crazed in his eye I hadn’t seen in his eye as he said that.

Three hours later we where back in the common room. Waverly was still in the Hospital Wing. And I was extremely tired.

When everyone else decided to go to dinner, I was half asleep on the floor. I got up, and went to my dorm. I fell face first on my pillows.  I grabbed my Magic 8 Ball off my night stand.

‘Will I ever date Waverly?’ I shook it and squinted to see the answer.

‘Yes.’

I knew it.

~~

Ha ha ha ha