Chapter 7

"I'm still in love with you."

Those words hung in the air, making it thick and hard to breath. My chest felt constricted and a ball of lead sat in the pit of my stomach. Impossibly, he was still in love with me.

He stood there and waited for me to say something. What would I tell him?

I cleared my throat and avoided looking at him. The words couldn't form, in the silenice light ringing was all I heard.

"I don't know." I said as if that answered his question.

"You don't know?" he asked with a confused tone.

"I don't know... If I'm still in love with you. It's been years since I've seen you, I didn't expect for you to still love me." I tell him with hesitancy. The feelings had been buried for so long I didn't know how to feel for him anymore. His jaw moved in either direction as he switched which side of his lip to chew on. I finally started moving to finish clean up. I expected him to say something about it but he said nothing.

I threw away the last cup on the table, ending our cleaning expedition. Mori grabbed his coat and headed toward the door. "Thank you for the party." he says.

"The pleasure is mine." I replied. He clutched the fabric of his coat and stood for a few mores seconds. He was definitely thinking about something, I had seen the look before. He nodded at me with a small smile and turned the door knob, leaving the house.

I sighed. I felt tired after the party ended. I forged myself up the stairs and to my bedroom where I had changed into comfortable pajamas. When I got to the bathroom to brush my teeth I stood and stared at myself in the reflection. My stomach churned with my mind flying back to Mori. He had chose the worst time to do this to me. I was still settling in from coming back. I also had my fair share of questions for him, that I hadn't been able to ask. After brushing my teeth I was relieved by the comfort of my bed.

I looked at all the Polaroid pictures on my walls, along with the delicate glow of the fairy lights that hung above them. I turned off the lamp, making the glow more prominent, and I laid there admiring them. The memories. Before I knew it I was asleep.

The next morning when I woke up it was quiet. I hadn't had a quiet day yet in my own house since I moved in, so the silence was new. I yawned and sat in the warmth of my bed a bit longer before the grumble of my stomach interupted. I went downstairs to see what I had in the fridge, only to find leftover sodas from the night before. Maybe I could get something at the café, then a definite grocery shopping trip was needed. Going to the café also meant a shower. After showering, getting dressed, and putting on makeup, I left to my car and hopped inside.

I turned on the radio as I got inside, humming along to the familiar tune as I pulled out of the driveway and headed over to the shop.

The Sugar Cube sign always amazes me. It's such a cute little shop that I can't believe my mother had made it a reality. The warmth and smell was immediate heaven for my senses as I walked in.

There were quite a few teens in the shop today, some in groups and others that looked to be on dates. Of course there was the one that was only here to connect their laptop to the WiFi.

I walked to the back room. Mom looked deep in thought as she stirred a batter around and sprinkled confectioners sugar on other pastries already made. I came from around her and took one off the pan.

"Mm! Raspberry." I said as I sunk my teeth into the pastry. Mom whipped her head around to see me eating one and laughed. She swatted my arm after her laughs were over.

"What are you doing here?" she asked watching the batter mix.

"Just thought I'd swing by for breakfast." I said and licked my lips of any sugar left.

"Well it looks like you've already helped yourself." she smiled and poured the batter into little paper tins.

"What's that?" I pointed.

"Cupcakes." she replied simply. I watched for a few minutes before realizing I still had to go to the store.

"I have to go to the store today, do you need anything?" I asked heading to the door.

"Nope, have fun and make sure you look for coupons!" she tells me. What a mom thing to say.

"Ok, love you!" I walked to the counter and started making my coffee to go. The small bell rung above the door, Mori walking inside. At first I thought I had imagined it but did a double take to find him in casual khaki shorts and a short sleeved button up. And actual sneakers.

He smiled at me as he walked inside and toward the counter. One hand casually in his pocket, he scanned the glass case of foods and the beverage fixtures behind me.

"Just a green tea please." he asked politely.

"Cold or hot?" I asked putting his order in the register.

"Cold." he replied with a light smile. I got the drink along with my own and handed it over after coming from around the counter.

"What do you have planned today?" I asked him, curious of the occasion for casual wear. He shrugged and opened the door for the two of us. Outside was the bright sunshine and a cool breeze. I tucked some hair behind my ear.

I didn't realize things would be awkward after last night. I notice he keeps fidgeting with the watch on his wrist and only stares at the ground toward his feet.

"I have to go to the store, so I'll see you around?" I ask him as we get to my car. He nods.

"Yeah. That reminds me, the group wanted to get together and go on a vacation. I know you just got back but we were hoping that you would join us?" Mori questioned.

"I mean, yeah that sounds great!" I grinned. "When?" I was almost buzzing out of my own skin.

"2 weeks, we're meeting at Tamaki's and Haruhi's place. I'll text you." he had this glow on his face when he smiled. He did it a lot more since high school.

He walked off after that, leaving me to my thoughts stuck in the past.

Hey!

First thing I wanted to cover was, well, the cover.

It's changed! A friend of mine

-tsukino

Did the wonderful job of making a new cover for both books, now they match!

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK ON SCHEDULE, NO MORE EXCUSES OR PROBLEMS.

I. REFUSE.

Ok so this chapter is pretty much a filler so not my best work.

See you!

~Lavinia