Chapter 5 - The Date

After watching the movies it was time for me to get ready for my date. I took a quick shower to make sure I didn't smell and put on my favorite perfume after I got into my outfit. I spun around in my vanity mirror to check how I looked. I styled my hair in a (style) and put on my shoes.

I went downstairs to see Frost already putting in a third movie.

"Are you gonna be ok here?" I asked him.

"I'm not 7, I'll be fine." he said and nodded toward the door.

"Want anything while I'm out?" I asked as I opened the door.

"Just some actual food." he said and smiled. I laughed and walked out the door to my car.

The cool wind swept by, blowing my hair around. It wasn't as cold as I thought it would be but it was a bearable temperature.

I felt nostalgic as I took the time to look at the familiar houses and streets that I had grown up with. I saw the place where we had the big host party, and I drove past the school. I turned into the parking area of the café and felt the butterflies in my stomach triple.

The bell above the door jingled as I stepped inside, the same warm atmosphere hitting me. I looked around and saw Nate on the other side of the café looking out the window, his head perked up at the sound of my feet stepping in his direction. He stood up and smiled at me, he then pulled out a chair for me at one of the tables.

"I was starting to think you wouldn't show up." he chuckled. I smiled at him.

"Well here I am, flesh and blood." I bit my lip and suddenly felt my throat was extremely dry.

"So you want to order now?" I asked him. He nodded and at that moment Haruhi came over.

"Hello, have you figured out what you like to order?" she asked with a small notebook and pen.

"Uh yes, I'll have a coffee, light and sweet, and the lady shall have-" he looked over at me and smiled.

"A (drink) please." I said. Haruhi nodded as she wrote it down.

"Okay, should be out soon." she said grinning, and walked back behind the counter to get our orders.

"So college grad huh?" Nate finally asked.

"Uh yeah, I went to (college), how did you figure?" I replied.

"The woman who runs the place was talking about you on the phone, how you just came back and graduated. I went to college in the U.S. too. I wanted to be a teacher, but graduated as an engineer in the end." he said looking proud with himself.

Haruhi came and set our drinks on the table.

"Coffee for the gentlemen, and (drink) for the lady," she said and smiled.

"It's on the house." she added and walked off. I smiled at Nate and took a sip.

"So you must be very smart." I said. He nodded.

"Yep. Got the top of my class in high school. Nathan Peters, Valedictorian has a nice ring to it don't you think?" he said grinning.

He seems to talk a lot about himself. I thought.

"Yeah that sounds really good." I said and slowly sipped my drink. The bell above the door jingled and Nate crouched in his seat. Two very pretty girls walked in and sat at a booth near the door.

He cursed under his breath. He looked like he was trying to hide behind me.

"Do you know them?" I asked. Nate shushed me loudly and I jumped in surprise.