Chapter 3

I woke up the next morning to my phone vibrating on the table. I looked at the screen to see my mom calling. I sighed and picked it up, rubbing my eyes as I sat up in bed.

"Hey mom." I said in a groggy voice.

"Y/N! Hey! I really need you to come down to the shop, most of my staff left! Haruhi is the last one." I heard bustling in the background.

"Yeah, ok. Give me half an hour. What time do I have to be in?" I asked walking to my clothes box.

"Forty-five minutes! That's when the rush hour usually begins. I'm trying as fast as I can to get the food out but I need help!" she rushes and I hear pans clatter.

"I'll be there. Love you and I'll see you soon." I say and hang up.

I grab a (shirt) and a pair of dark blue skinny jeans. I head in the shower and wash up.

When I get out Frost is awake with bed head and is scrolling through his phone. His head snaps up to me when I walk in and I smile.

"He's alive." I joke and he gives a sleepy laugh.

"What are you doing up?" he asked scratching the back of his head. I got dressed and sat in front of the vanity to put up my hair.

"Well, apparently most of mom's employees quit so I'm going to help her out, you can come if you want but hurry up. I have to be there in about twenty minutes." I said as I pulled my hair into a ponytail. (Ignore if you have short hair)

"Yeah sure, I just have to get dressed." he said and started getting up and ready.

~Time skip~

We pulled into the parking lot of the little coffee shop. In neat, curvy writing was the name Sugar Cube Coffee.

I smiled and walked in, a little bell rang above my head and the smell of vanilla and sugar roamed about the small area. There was a long dark wooded counter with a shelf and table behind it with a few large coffee makers. The tables spread around had up to four chairs, besides the couple against the wall near the windows that had only two. The floor was green tiled and little lights hung above.

I took a deep breath through my nose to bask in the delicious scent. Frost nudged me with his shoulder.

"Hey, we're hear to help not stand there and smell everything." he smirked at me. I rolled my eyes and whacked him in the arm.

"Ow..." he pouted as he rubbed his arm. I snickered and walked behind the counter and into the kitchen.

The first sight I came to see was Haruhi.

Covered in flour.

My eyes widened when I noticed the rest of the mess. Milk was leaking off the table, on the oven was a plate of burnt charcoal, and not to mention the biggest mess of all- flour that literally covered the area of the kitchen.

"How did you even manage to create a mess this big! I thought you could bake!" I exclaimed as I looked at the burnt... whatever they were supposed to be.

"I can! But your mom has this really complicated recipe that I have never done before!" she said in a panic.

"Where is she?" I grabbed two aprons and tossed one to Frost who had his mouth hung open and was still shocked about the huge mess.

"She had to grab some things from the store, she left me in charge." she said as she attempted to clean up with a broom.

"Rush hour will start any minute." Frost said. I grabbed the pan of charred sweets and tossed them in the trash.