Chapter 2

The little welcoming party had to come to an end. So one by one, everyone started to leave except Frost and my parents.

"Thank you guys, this was great." I hugged my parents and Frost.

"It was no big deal, it was your mom's idea." Frost motioned to my mom.

"I also have big news!" she said.

"I have finally opened my own café!" she squealed of excitement.

"Really?" I asked and hugged her.

"Wow that's amazing! It's like your dream right?" I asked again. She nodded fast.

"And do you run it by yourself?" she shook her head.

"No, your father helps but I have some employees already, like your friend Haruhi." she giggled.

"That's good, I can come down and drink coffee whenever. Plus, I get to see Haruhi more often now." I grinned. I took out my phone and checked the time.

"It's getting late and I still need to unpack my clothes and stuff, thank you again for the party and I'll see you around, love you guys!" I said hugging them goodbye. Frost left as I did, telling my parents goodbye.

"So when do I get to see this new house, hm?" he asked. We went towards my car.

"Soon enough. Like I said before, many boxes." I replied with a smile. I realized he was going to walk but it was dark now and I didn't want him walking in the dark alone.

During my time away, a campus boy younger than us was mugged and beaten, almost to death. He was involved with drugs but that isn't the point, since then I was afraid of walking anywhere at night by myself.

"Hey, let me give you a ride home." I said and opened my car door, getting inside. He came to my window and shook his head.

"I'm good, it's only a few blocks away." he said.

"I insist." I started the car.

"Really, I'm ok. I need the exercise." he persisted on not getting in.

"Just get in the car." I said sternly. His eyes widened in shock with the tone I used but nodded getting in on the other side.

Our way to his house was silent besides the radio going. When we got there he sat in the car not saying a thing. I turned toward him and he stared at me.

"Do I have something on my face?" I reached my hand up and wiped around my mouth where I would assume food would be. He shook his head.

"You just seem... different. Not in a bad way but you look different." he said.

"Says you! You're the one who doesn't have blue hair anymore!" I joked and ruffled his hair. Yes it's true, he grew his hair out his natural light brown color. He told me over the phone he had to, the places he wanted to get a job told him he didn't look serious about working there.

He laughed and fixed it. He looked towards his house and sighed.

"What's the problem?" I asked him seriously.

"Dad has been nagging me about not having a career figured out yet. He thinks that at age 23 I shouldn't even be living with them anymore. I mean, he's right. But you have to have money for that kind of thing. Which means I need a job, the job that I haven't picked out." he sighed again and rubbed his face in his hands.

"Can I stay with you tonight? I just really don't feel like being at  home." he told me. I nodded and started pulling away.

"See, this wouldn't have happened if you walked, also text your mom and let her know." he nodded and opened up his phone.