Chapter 1

I kick the 'FOR SALE' sign out front down as I carried a box inside. I set it down in what will be the living room and smile at my work. I plopped myself in the middle of the floor, surrounded by boxes.

I'm finally back home. And let me tell you, a lot has happened since I have been gone. Or so I've been told. While I was gone, I kept touch online with Frost, my parents, Haruhi, and Tamaki.

I wish I could say the rest of the host club but they had business to attend to. The hours where I was had been different since I was far away. It always happened to be when the host club had business or were asleep.

Can I even call the host club that anymore? We've all graduated high school now and I'm not even sure it's still going.

I let out a deep sigh. I started to not like change. Change had been rocky for me over the years. It involved people changing and distancing themselves, getting responsibilities and for things to be harder in life.

I clearly have not had a good experience with change.

My phone started to vibrate in my pocket, I pulled it out and looked at the contact. I picked up the phone and put it to my ear, then started opening my first box labeled 'living room'.

"Oh, hey mom." I said.

"Hi honey! Have you gotten off the plane yet?" she asked excited, there was a lot of voices in the background.

"Yeah, the flight seemed shorter than last time." I told her.

"So where are you?" she questioned. I furrowed my eyebrows and pick out a vase from the box.

"Where am I? What do you mean?" I stopped unpacking for a minute.

"Didn't you get my message? I'm picking you up from the airport!" I could hear the smile in her voice. My eyes widened at what she said. I rushed to grab my keys and jogged to the car.

"Oh uh... yeah! I'm at the baggage area picking up my stuff, you know how that goes." I replied anxiously.

"She's at baggage." she said.

"Who else is there?" I asked starting up the car and pulling out. I know you should never be on the phone while driving, so I won't. I took the phone and put it on my lap. I pressed the speaker button and sped down the road.

"No one! Talking to myself." she replied laughing. The airport came into view and I parked my car close to the airport.

"I'm at baggage, where are you? And why do I hear wind?" she asked.

"I had to step out, it's really busy today and I was getting overwhelmed. I'm not a plant but I need fresh air too!" I physically facepalmed myself.

Both plants and humans need fresh air idiot.

I hurried into one of the side doors that I knew were near baggage, from experience of having to fly so often.

"Um... Ok..." she replied suspiciously.

"Are you feeling alright? You seem off." I let out a sigh.

"No mom, I am perfectly fine." I saw her looking around, trying to find me. Her gaze meets mine and I hang up the phone. I walk faster to her as she does too and when we both meet each other in the middle. She grasps onto me in a hug and starts to cry.

"I missed you." she pulls away and wipes her tears. I laugh a little and wiped one she missed.

"Mom, I just saw you a few months ago for holiday!" I exclaim with a smile. She nods and laughs.

"I know, I know." she pulls a tissue out of her pocket and blows her nose.

"Where are your things?" she suddenly asked.