The Plan

*There are no spoilers for season 8 except for when romi's  parents die ( or so you think) I have no clue really I am only on episode 2 so yeah.

The ninja have just escape the burning palace and are on the bounty.

Nya's POV

I feel so guilty for not telling Harumi about what really happened with her parents that evening when the Sons of Garmadon attacked. Eve though it just happened last night, the memory was still replaying in my mind.

Flashback

Jay and I were trying to find the royal  family already knowing Lloyd has the princess until we see two figures wearing their best attire compared to me and Jays. One was in a beautiful green gown with long, ruffled, sleeves and her hair was out of its usual bun. The one next to her was in a similar outfit, but his was more or a cape than a dress.

I ran straight towards them with Jay right behind me as I kneel down to make sure they were breathing. I sat in agony that they might not make it out alive from this... the queen was dead.... but there was still a pulse within the king.

The Emperor guided his emerald eyes to meet with my very own as if they were diamonds stolen from his very own chambers ; with what felt like his last breath he spoke,  "Protect my Jade Princess with all your life. She might be the only way for my kingdom to be at piece. Please, for the sake of the royal family, take this."

He placed a golden locket with multiple symbols which looked like it represents the tribes and people of Ninjago. "This locket might be the only thing that can bring peace back to this kingdom. If needed, become Rumi's double as if you were her twin or agent. You don't have much time before this place blows. Now go"  and with his last breath, the king was gone. 

End of Flashback  

Suddenly I heard a knock at my bedroom door, "Nya? Are you alright in there?" A voice asked as  I knew it was my man in blue.

I got up from my bed and walked over to the door. I unlocked it, and there stood the man that saved my life all those years ago. "I'm fine, you may come in if you want" I replied.

I could tell from Jay's facial expressions as I sat back down on my bed that he was concerned about me. I love that he cares about me, but for this sorta topic I'm not the best with reveling my feelings. 

Just as I thought he spoke, "Look, I know you've had a hard time processing what happened the other night, but you really have to tell the others, or at least Harumi" Jay said as he plopped on the bed beside me.

I have him a sympathetic look, "I know, but I don't want to tell the others. From what I comprehended of the Emperor's last words, he stated that I should not tell anyone but Harumi and- " and before I could finish my sentence, I felt a soft pair of lips connect with mine which I soon melt into.

I despise the fact this is the way Jay shuts me up, but lets be honest I do the same thing to him all the time. In good times notice, the kiss broke out and he cups my face as he gave me simple smile.

"First off, I'm the rambler in this relationship. And second, don't worry about it my blossom. I'll give you the time not to tell the others, but if things get out of hand with helping the princess then I'm going to blurt you out" He said.

I sighed, "I just don't want everything to back fire on us like it did last time with him and-" I was saying my statement and once again I was interrupted. 

"Who said that was ever going to happen again? I promise you on my life that it will never, ever happen like it was ever again." Jay told me as he lent out his pinkie for me to take. I gladly locked my pinkie with his and as he simply planned out, he leans in for another kiss and grabs my waist as he pulled me down to the bed as I felt the bed sheets touching my back. Then all of a sudden, the door swings open with my angered brother giving us his worse death glare imaginable. 

"GET OFF MY SISTER, WALKER!!!" Kai yelled as Jay quickly got off of me leaving me breathless.

"Sorry Mr. Smith SIR!" Jay apologized as he somewhat saluted my brother as if he was apart of the Ninjago Military. 

I slightly giggled at my boyfriends behavior which quickly got Kai's attention, "And you! No more kissing Mister Lightning boy here!" He shouted.

I could hear Jay pouting and that almost blew Kai up almost like a volcano, "If I even hear a peep from you Walker, or even a slight kiss from your lips upon my sister then you're dead!" He yelled as he slammed his way out of my room.

"Wow, and that wasn't even his worst lecture" I laughed as I took ahold of his hand and lead him to the control room where everyone else was as they were talking about the next mission

I soon felt Jay's soft breath tickle my ear as he said, "And to think, he doesn't even know the naughty things we did."

Once the meeting started I knew what I had to do. I slipped out of the room and into Harumi's as she was resting from the other night. I opened her door to revel her without any makeup and was in sweatpants and a nice green cardigan.

I shut the door behind me as Harumi gave me a suspicious look, "What do you need Nya. Do the others need me in their presence?" She questioned as she stood up from her chair gracefully. 

I took in a deep breath and got the locket from my pocket and showed the princess. Her mouth gapped open as if she already knew what was going on. "I-Is this w-what m-my parent-" She stuttered as she placed one of her fingers on the locket.

"Yes, your father had given this to me before he passed. His words were to protect you with my life. And with the others planning on the next mission I need to be more aware of protecting you since you are all that can keep Ninjago at peace" I explained.

She nodded and got some things from one of the drawers and handed them to me. "Then lets get you started on becoming the princess of Ninjago."