FORTY-ONE

ETHAN

"Did you tell her?" my dad asked just as Macy walked out of the house. I shake my head. "Ethan, have you noticed the way she looked? You need to tell her and I know it will hurt both of you but you need to tell her before Brianna blows it up in her face," 

I pass my hands through my hair. I know I needed to tell her but Brianna got here when I was going to let her know. I also don't her to hate me. I know the look she had, she looked so broken. "Dad, I tried to her but then Brianna came in,"

---

The whole night I kept tossing and turning due to the fact that I still haven't told her. Brianna is going to be around all the time and I have no choice over it. I want to go back and fix things with her, Nate, and Derek.

I try to go to sleep but all that's going through my mind was how when Macy called me. The way her voice sounded. It was so wobbly and it truly broke me. Then again I need to let her go.

There is nothing I can do to be with her. The way her voice was just cracking and all I did was hang up. I get off of bed and go into the kitchen. "Dad, you scared me!" I exclaim

He lightly chuckles,"Ethan, I love you but you need to tell her what's actually going on. Then you need to let go of her and move on. You know you can't be with her,"

"I can't even be alone with her! Brianna is always around us or Mary. We aren't related dad. I miss her and I don't think you understand how much this is bothering me. She isn't here because of all the stupid shit I did. She wanted it to stop but I kept tugging at it,"

He shakes his head,"Ethan, look at her! She isn't okay and with you being by her side won't help. Things won't last you wanna know why? Because that lie you told her will always be brought up. Especially the news you haven't told her yet, she won't forget that you slept with her best-friend." I clench my jaw feeling shaky

"This isn't fair, from all girls I fall for her but I can't even be with her," my voice croaks and then that's when Mary comes out. She wipes her eyes.

She yawns,"What is with all the yelling? It's 4 am," my dad looks at her then me. "What's going on?" she already didn't like me for being with Macy and all the things we did together.

"I like Macy," I breathe out and she looks at me disappointed. "I know I can't be with her because she's my step-sister but Mary," I pause "You keeping her away from me is just making those feelings grow and making me want her more then I did before,"

She shakes her head just looking at me. She gets closer to me looking disturbed by my use of words. "You won't be near her. She's already hurt seeing you with Brianna. You won't keep hurting her and even if she needs you too I won't allow it. Because it won't and can't happen. You aren't what she needs, I don't even care if she's in love with a girl or boy but it can't be you," she says harshly

She walks back to her room and my dad just follows her. The door slams shut.

-----

I walk in the hallways feeling very tired. Those 3 hours didn't help at all. "Hey babe," Brianna interlocks my hand with hers. But I take my hand away from hers keeping it to myself. She scoffs but goes to her group of friends and I go to mine.

It was just Cameron, Aaron, and Jc. "You good? You look awfully pale dude," Aaron points out "I heard about you and Macy," he says with such a plain face. Cameron just hits him with his elbow.

"Yeah, it was a one time thing," but they continue to look at me. "I'm okay and anyway I'm with Brianna," I smile as if I actually happy with her.

I tell them about the news I needed to tell Macy. They were all shocked and obviously called me stupid. "She is going to hate you once you tell her," they all said to me. All I did was sigh because they are right.

Aaron kept looking at me funny. He has a look on his face that I couldn't read his description of what she was feeling. "And I thought I was the stupid one now it's you,"

----

English was so boring the past few weeks because this was the class Macy was in. Truly I don't think the teacher has noticed that she no longer went here. "Guys we have a new student," he announces and deep down in my gut I was hoping for it to be Macy again.

But I was wrong it was some guy named Oscar. "He is from Lockwood High," I look right up, Macy now goes there. As the teacher looks around where to sit him all the girls make space for him. But he was looking at me the whole time. "Sit next to Ethan," he says and all the girls just look at me pissed.

He didn't even have to tell him where I was sitting because he knew. "So you're the guy that was with that one chick," he smirks "by the way she looks real awful what did you do to her?"

"Nothing, it's just that Brianna likes to put her down," I said as I was writing down my work but he just laughs.

He looks at me,"You just stood there when that girl was being fucked up her. She put Macy to shame and misery. How do you think everyone is treating her over there? Like shit just because you didn't back her up. Danielle is giving her a hard time. Everyone see's her as this girl who just let a guy use her basically an object. Or they see her as this poor girl who is in misery because she was put into shame. The least you could've done was be there for her and stop the other chick,"

Before I can say anything he just looks at me. "Wait you're dating her aren't you," and I nod. He shakes his at me. But then again who is he to tell me what to do with my life and problems?

---

short im sorry but im in class and im supposed to be doing my essayy but i can't think of anything. what do you think of this

peace

mitzy