Chapter Twenty-Five : Let Me.

| Reita |

   “Well… I need you to come here.” Kai said at the other line while I flipped the papers on the table near my bed. Where the hell is it?

   Kai called, asking me about my copy of the chord for our new song because he lost his, so here I was; digging through my shits.

   “I can’t.” I was close from cursing him when he rang right when I was close to Aika.

   I felt that sudden change of atmosphere and the electricity that was pulling us together like a magnet when our eyes locked. It was there, very potent – persuading us to connect, to feel each other’s touch.

   Damn Kai.

   “Why not? You have to give me the copy anyways.” He sounded close to whining.

   I grabbed one piece of paper and slammed it back down the table, making sure he heard it. “Because Kai, I can’t!”

   “Okay. Calm down. Calm down.”

   I heard the main door shut and I hurried out of my room. The whole apartment was silent making me certain that Aika did go out.

   Sighing, I walked back in my room and decided to head to the studio.

   I came back home with aching right hand. I should’ve stayed home. But that would make me think about her restlessly. Well, nothing changed when I was at the studio. My mind kept on thinking of where she was or what she was doing. I knew she felt that pull between us earlier.  

   I heard a sob when I closed the apartment’s door behind me. Frowning, I head towards the living room and found Aika sitting on the couch defeated, crying on her palms. Her shoulders were shaking as the tremor of her sob rush out of her.

   “Aika…” Worriedly, I moved my hand to reach for her but I instantly stopped when her blood shot eyes gazed up at me angrily.

   “Was it true?” She asked no more than a whisper. I heard the pain in her voice very clear.

   What was true? My brows connected. “What?”

    Aika held my gaze as she stood up and faced me fully. “You asked Kazuki to break up with me.”

   The hands at either side of me fisted tightly. So that’s where she’d gone? to that asshole?

   With her state like this, I wish I had a different answer. But I hadn’t. “Yes.”

   If she gasped, I wasn’t sure. I was busy planning on how to bury the fucker alive.

   Her tears stopped and all that’s left on her eyes were confusion, hurt and disappointment. “You threatened his career. He said he had no choice but to do it.”

   “That’s right.” I answered through my locked jaw.

   She didn’t flinched and stared back at me. “Why?”

   “Because he doesn’t deserve you.” That night flashed back in my head and I had the urge to punch him which I wasn’t able to do that time.

   Perplexed, her brows stitched together waiting for me to elaborate. Even if it would hurt her, I decided to tell the whole truth.

   “Both of our bands are under the same company. One night we had a party for every band and he was there. He was close from fucking that girl right on the chair.” This time she winced and looked down. I continued. “I couldn’t let him do that, so I gave him an ultimatum.”