Chapter Two : Hard Cotton Candy ?

| Lessor |

   “Is he hot? Does he have abs?” Aki’s eyes widened and her face lit in excitement.

   I casted a glance at the still closed door of the first room, hoping my friend’s voice wasn’t that loud. I glared back at Aki, her black silky hair reached her shoulder. “Shhh! He might hear you!”

   We were on the couch at eight in the morning. She was nursing a cup of coffee while I let my brain freeze by the coldness of my orange juice.

   Last night, I finally met LoveCandy.

   Contrary to what I was expecting – LoveCandy was a guy.

   I was really taken aback by that, for a while I didn’t know what to do.

   The worst happened, He was going to stay here and use the months he already paid. I couldn’t say no, I already spent his payment and the money in my account was already budgeted.

   There was no other way but to let him stay and for me to be miserable in the next few days and months.

    “So? How does he look?” Aki pulled a questioning brow at me, while moving the cup to her lips.

   My friend wasn’t alarmed that my lessee was a guy at all, she was actually thrilled.

   LoveCandy had a yellow blonde hair that was styled in a perfect way. He was tall. He came in my doorway wearing black leather jacket over a gray shirt and rough denim pants paired with boots… He looked…. He looked…

   “He looks fine.” I grabbed my glass of juice from the table and take a tentative sip.

   Aki’s smile lessened. “Just fine?”

   I shrugged. “We have different type of guys.”

   That was a lie and she knew it. I had no type at all – I thought.

   “Huh!” She huffed at me and rolled her eyes. “You know only one type of guy!”

   She was good at that, eye rolling I mean.

   “Have you told him?”

   Her question made me furrow my brows and shook my head. “Not yet. But am sure he’ll understand.”

   “You mean, he doesn’t care.” She murmured down on her cup, I pierced a deadly look at her but she won’t face my way.

   Look at me and feel my wrath through my eyes! “Of course not!”

   “UGH… Whatever.” She stood up and head to the kitchen. I followed her with my own glass. I wanted another drink. Something sparkly this time.

   “Don’t you have class at eight?” I opened the fridge and took out a bottle of red wine.

   She eyed the bottle on my hand before she focused on her washing. “At nine, but I have to borrow something from the library first. You?”

   I poured the dark red liquid onto my glass until it reached its half. “At four.”

   Aki put her cup in the cupboard and faced me. I was surprised by the expression on her face – She was worried. “Are you going to be okay?”

   I blinked at her. But I know what she was talking about. I nodded an answer and took a sip of my wine, almost downing all of it.

   “Yeah…Like I can do something about it.”