Chapter Eleven : Buzzes and all other B's

| Reita |

   What the skippidy, hukiddy, bumblebee, fuckery was this traffic jam?

   I couldn’t help but to groan very loudly as I looked out the window of the cab I was riding. We haven’t moved a fart for almost twenty minutes now. And if we don’t move now, I’d be late again and manager would probably fry my ass this time.

   Ah yeah, I haven’t told you what happened after that moment when the lights went on and Aika and I found our faces millimeter away from each other, right?

   Well, since we were still not moving here’s a replay:

   ---

   I froze after realizing how near Aika’s face from mine was. I had no fucking idea what to do. There were voices in my head, screaming.

   “ATTACK AND DEVOUR HER!” The one who was shouting that had two horns on his forehead and a pointed tail.

   While the other,

   “GET THE HELL AWAY FROM HER! YOU DON’T WANNA MESS UP AGAIN!” Obviously, that’s my conscience – who looked nothing but a boring blond.

   Surprisingly though I made the first move and stood up. I freaking ignored the apple in front of me, how the hell did I do that? Honestly, I didn’t know.

   “Let’s eat the cake.” I said after helping her on her feet.

   I opened the box that I already took from the fridge while Aika sat back down on her chair.

   “Is it your birthday?”

   I chuckled. “No.”

   Pushing the cake towards her, I waited for her to look down and read the greetings on the cake. When she did, her eyes widened and her gaze snapped at me with a surprised looked on her face.

   The cake was made of chocolate ice cream with a frosted chocolate lettering of the word Sorry.

   I felt obligated to explain so I did, “Well.. That day, you know. I sent you a message but you didn’t reply. Since then you won’t talk to me or even look at me…” This was getting serious.

   Clearing my throat, I continued to lighten the mood. “I mean, it’s better if we’re friends right?”

   Slowly, her lips formed a smile. “Friends?”

   I nodded and offered my hand for her to take. “Friends.”

   She laughed but took my hand and shook it. “Friends.”

   Laughing, I took the cake from the box. I was hungry. “Okay, friend. Get us some plates and let’s devour this cake.”

   Yes, better devour the cake than her right?

   Aika salute at me with her two fingers. “Roger, friend!”

   I was done cutting the cake into equal pieces when she got back.

   “Why cake though…” She asked in a murmur.

   “Well…” I took a piece and placed it on her plate. “Our album is finally released. And I can’t think of a certain way to apologize other than this.”

   She smiled at me so sweetly. “Congratulations!”

   “Do you like chocolate?”

   I asked before I could say something like, “You’re fucking adorable, let’s go to my room”. I stuffed my mouth with a cake. There.