Chapter Seventeen : Letting it Happen.

| Blond |

   What a shitful day.

   Really shitful. I was stuck in a traffic jam again this morning and of course our manager was mad at me. My bass’s speaker wont work at the studio then one of my strings snap while I was playing. Kai didn’t come today too, so our recording session was move two days from now. We went to have an after work get together at this club… I had a fist fight with one of the customers.

   So yeah now, the left side of my jaw was aching.

   It was still early when I arrived at the building, maybe eight?

   I knew that Aika would be there at the living room again but I’ll do what I’ve been doing for a few weeks now, Ignore her. Avoid her.

   Actually, I didn’t know I was pretty good at that thing. Haven’t talked to her since that night she knocked on my room with a cake.

   I almost gave up that time. I almost told her why I was doing this.

   But I held my horses and continued to be an ass.

   Taking the key of the apartment was useless, the door was unlocked. I didn’t bother and walked in with my gaze trained on the floor. Same method – go straight to my room, ignore, avoid.

   Yet this time both of my feet stop when I heard a sob coming from the living room. Ignore it!

   The curious side of me, made my head turned and saw Aika on the couch, covering her face with both of her hands as she cry.

   IGNORE!! AVOID!!

   Both of my hands clench tightly in a fists. I shouldn’t bother this… but fuck it!

   I walked my way to the living room and sat down beside her.

   “Aika….” I looked at her in concern and pulled her hands from her face.

   Aika looked up at me, with teary eyes, quavering chin, breaking heart.

   “He…. He.. broke up with me…” She cried between heave.

   I couldn’t stop myself and pulled her in a hug. I couldn’t take seeing her like this, it pained me too.

   She finally felt the ugly face of that emotion.

   “Shh….” Hoping that I could relieve the sorrow she was feeling, I caressed her back in a big circular motion. “Shhh….”

   She gripped my shirt tight, crying and heaving on my shoulder at the same time.

   I cradled her head and rocked her gently.

   We stayed like that for minutes… for hours… I didn’t know and I didn’t care.

   When her tears stopped from falling and she was just dry heaving. I walked to the kitchen and get a glass of water for her. She drank only a few sips though.

   I wiped the remaining tears on her eyes with my thumb and smiled at her reassuringly.

   “You’ll survive that…  Everyone survive this kind of pain. I’m a survivor myself.” I didn’t realize I said that. My brain to mouth filter malfunctioned all of a sudden.

   Aika was still heaving when she looked up at me with her puffy red eyes. “yyou?”

   I couldn’t take back what I said right?

   I ran a hand through my hair, readying myself to replenish what happened a few years ago.

   "When I was in high school, there was this girl I really like." I kept my gaze down, Aika was silent.