Chapter Thirty - Five : One Two Three Words

| Suzuki |

Damn it!

I hurriedly run back in our dressing room, hoping that it was there. My feet move fast towards the big room. Ten minutes, that was the only time i got to find my missing phone.

I remember placing it on the glassed table at manager's room before I fell asleep, but when I woke up I did not see a single phone on the table. So here I was, stupidly searching.

When I reached inside the room I went straight to my bags and started to rummage. Clothes, clothes, picks, clothes, wallet, charger, keys, another pack of picks and... Nothing.

Where the hell is it? I need to call Aika.

"Hey Reita." The voice that came from the door only pissed me off more.

"Not now Megumi, Im busy." I open Aoi's bag checking that this guy wasnt playing a prank on me. Unzipping his bag, I found two packs of his favorite cigarette, clothes, sunglasses and a medicine bag. I close his bag again and decided to check Ruki's bag next.

"Are you looking for this?"

When I looked back, I saw my phone on Megumi's hand.

I had been working with her for a week now because of this tour and I could say that she changed a lot. This Megumi that was standing in front of me was not the same girl that I loved back in my high school days.

I walked to her not minding to show her that I was really irritated. "Why do you have my phone?"

"I saw it at the staff's room. I thought that maybe its from one of the staffs and you just have the same case but I made sure and call your number then it ringed." She practically laughed.

The Megumi now was more jolly and talkative and too caring for a manager assistant in my observation because the past few days, I could tell that she was gluing herself beside me anyway possible. I wanted to tell her to fuck off but maybe It was just me making this whole thing a big shit while It was just a job for her.

"Thanks." I walked passed her as I dial Aika's number and head to a quiet place, which was the bathroom. Yes.

That was a routine that started four days ago. Before our live performance I would call Aika and describe to her the venue and how I felt, I always feel nervous but she effortlessly push that away from me with her simple cheer of words. You can do it! I remember her say, her voice full with confidence.

What would I do without her?

The door clicked as it unlocked after I turned the key. I pushed the door silently as I walked myself in. Everything was at the same place since the day I left the apartment. Everything except the papers that were scattered on the coffee table at the living room with her laptop open and ready to work. I put my guitar bag down then my duffel bag as I heard the fridge slam close in the kitchen. Smiling, i walked my way in and there she was.

Aika was busy making herself dinner, she was cutting some vegetable when I walked closer stealthily. She seemed so absorbed on what she was doing that I decided that I want her attention. "What's for dinner?"

She screamed, her hand flew to chest as she gasped loudly. The fright on her face was replaced with visible happiness once she saw me.

"Reita... You're back." Her voice wasn't coming from another line, I was finally with her again.

I smiled gently at her, "Im home."

She launched at me, hugging me so tight as she bury her face on my chest. I enveloped er in my arms. Yes, I missed her touch, her scent. I missed her. I missed this.