Chapter Seventy-Four: Knock Knock

A/N: this is the only chapter I have fully written up to this point, so updates will be a lot slower. The book is coming to an end soon, though! I just want to also thank all of you m for the near 36k reads, I'm so hyped about it, keep it up guys! I love y'all 💕Happy reading!

Chapter Seventy-Four: "Knock Knock."

THE LOUD RINGING of Landon's hotel room phone has me waking up, nudging him in the chest to answer it.

Growling underneath his breath, Landon answers the call not so politely, "What?"

His eyes grow wide and immediately he's jumping up, causing me to fall back from being positioned on top of him, and stare at him quizzically.

A few more moments of exchange of words from the other line and Landon has the line cut off, pulling me up so I'm in a sitting position.

"What?" I ask confusedly.

"Get dressed!" He demands, throwing my pyjamas at me. "Your coach is doing an early check-in!"

"What?" I ask again, the sleep clearly not leaving me anytime soon.

"Coach. Check-in. Players. You in my bed. Not allowed. Check-in!" He emphasizes the last part, talking slowly so my sleepy brain comprehends.

"Crap!" I exclaim, finally catching on and jump up out of the warm bed and throw on my underwear, followed by my booty shorts. "Landon!" I cry out, flipping over my sheets frantically.

"What?" He questions, glancing at me. I can tell he's fighting hard with his eyes to keep them trained on me and not my exposed chest.

"My bra!" I shriek.

He blinks. "You didn't come in with one."

"Yes, I did!" I protest, looking under the bed for any sign of the strapless material I was wearing yesterday.

"You think I wouldn't notice if you came here with a bra on?" Landon muses, raising an eyebrow.

"Obviously not, you're a guy, you wouldn't know the difference."

"Ah, on the contrary, Blue," he grins, "I am a guy, therefore I can very much tell if you are wearing a bra or not. And after having you run down the hall last night, I assure you that your bouncing tits were not supported."

I gasp, widening my eyes before narrowing them. "You disgust me."

"Uh huh," he says in amusement. "Hurry up, now, baby, otherwise you're going to be busted–again."

"Somehow I don't think getting busted with a boy in a hotel room I'm not supposed to be in will result in a possible lawsuit compared to me tampering a movie theatre's screenings." I say with a cheeky grin. Man, it feels like it's been forever since that happened.

"They'd believe we were in a compromising position, if you know what I mean." He smirks.

"Well they wouldn't be wrong," I giggle, pulling on my shirt. If my bra is here and Landon is wrong, then I'll just fetch it later. God forbid I can ever leave a lacy bra around without Landon hiding it. "Because that's exactly what happened."

"How right you are," he laughs, coming up to kiss me before dragging me to the hotel room door. "Now as much as I love having you around, get out before you get pulled from the tournament."

I nod, leaning up to kiss him quickly before getting ready to sprint down the hall. "Bye!" I chirp before racing to my floor.

"Miss May!" I stop dead in my tracks at my coach, who is stood in the doorway of my hotel room.