Chapter Seventy: Let's Get To The Fighting Part So We Can Get This Over With

Chapter Seventy: "Let's Get To The Fighting Part So We Can Get This Over With."

"GO!"

I look through the halls to see Maya cornered up by her locker, some guy pressed against her, trapping her by his monstrous arms. I can't see who it is, but I'm going to guess it's Lance, since he's recently gotten a new haircut, which looks relatively similar to the guy in front of her.

However, Maya moves her head when he leans in for what I assume to be a kiss.

What the hell is going on?

I tug at Atticus' arm. "Come on." He obliges and lets me drag him hurriedly over to Maya down the hall. This hallway is deserted, since it's where the grade nine's lockers are and they have some thing called Bring Your Child To Work Day where parents take their children to work, I guess.

When we get closer, I can tell that Maya is panicked; I can feel her distress radiating off of her in strong wavelengths, and I know that this guy most certainly is not Lance.

I can tell Atticus notices too because I can feel his arm tense beneath my hand.

The guy goes for Maya again when I do something without thinking. "Hey!" I yell, and slap the boy across the face, stunning him and pushing him away from Maya, which is proven inefficient because he barely moves. "Are you okay?" I ask Maya, searching her face for any harm but all she does is shake her head.

The guy starts chuckling, bringing my attention back to him. "A strong hit for a small little thing like yourself."

Atticus steps forward. "Don't talk to her like that." He growls.

"Get away from my best friend you pervert!" I exclaim.

He steps closer to me, which makes me panic so I go up to slap him again when a hand wraps around my arm, pulling me back.

I look to see that Atticus has grabbed me. "Get the hell out of here, Tyson." He says warningly, shocking me. Atticus has avoided the McGibbon family since I arrived and I'm surprised that he's standing up for someone who is apart of them.

"Don't rush me, O'Connor, Maya and I are just chatting." Tyson, I guess, smirks back in reply.

"If any of the boys see you here, they'll have your head, so leave." I interfere. "Maya doesn't want to talk to you."

He chuckles. "And who are you? One of their play toys of the month? You can't be Lance's, because he took my girl, and Louis is too young for you, unless you're into that little shit storm. Tell me, honey, whose are you? Liam's?"

I frown.

His eyes suddenly widen in amusement and a look that tells me he knows something I don't. "Ah, so you're Landon's, I see. Well, I don't know what to tell you, babe. Landon's had his fair share of girls, and let me tell you, when he tells you he loves you, don't–"

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" A new voice snarls out and I turn to see all four McGibbon boys arrive. Atticus seems to stand his ground still, his chest bulked up the same way it was when we approached Tyson.

"Get the hell away from her." Landon says, and I don't even notice that Tyson came face-to-face with me when telling me whatever it was he was going to say before we got interrupted.

I don't know what to make of his words. What am I not supposed to do when Landon tells me he loves me? He already has, and I gave him my thought on it when it happened last night. I already know that Landon has gotten around, but that doesn't change my view on him or his character. He's a teenager with hormones, I'd be worried if he didn't want sex every now and again.