Think Fast

RECAP:

"Oh Agent Browning I think we have plenty of time, I believe she's on her way now." Clark smirked as he looked straight into my eyes. In that moment I realized who that man was. It was Payton's Uncle. The one that is suppose to be dead, but he is far from dead and far from innocent too. It made me think back to that day and how Finn was a traitor against Payton as well. You really can't trust anybody in this world and as I sat there staring at the two men who were bickering back and forth it finally sunk in. It made me realize that the only person you can really trust in this world is yourself but sometimes you have to trust others even though they may not be trustworthy and right now I'm putting all my trust into Payton to get us out of this alive because I still believe there's good people in the world and Payton is one of them. 

_________________________________________________________________

The building were the agency has located the boys at is far secluded from civilization. Trees surrounded the abandoned building as broken windows and graffiti littered the outside of it. I could only see some things from where I was standing a good distance away. Tarnish parked the car a few miles back and I walked all the way here with my two guns and extra ammo. He wanted to come along but I refused to let him. This is my job and my job only. This mission has lasted for too long and I'm ready to end it.

I hid behind a bush as I examined my entry points. There was a small window towards the left side of the building that I could fit into but I don't know if that's a room anybody is using. A few white vans were parked a little ways in as some gang members lingered in the entrance way. If I want to get in I have to get closer but that's hard to do when you have no camouflage, but I'm going in anyways.

My boots crunched against the pebbled walkway as I slowly made my way closer towards the building. I slipped on my black gloves that have the finger pieces cut off, so that I can get a better grip on anything I have to touch. It helps mostly with climbing. I pulled out one of my guns as I aimed it up in the air with my hands wrapped around the grip, ready for use. I hit my back against the wall as I made it to the building without being seen. I inched my way across the wall quietly as I made my way towards the broken window. The sun beat down on me as sweat accumulated on my forehead and the buzzing of many bugs was heard in the near distance of the forest. I wiped my forehead as I slowly leaned over the window to get a look inside. It was dark except for the middle of the room where a single light bulb hung from the ceiling. The smell of mildew and blood swam up my nostrils as I crinkled my nose in disgust. I squinted further into the room as I noticed to limp bodies. They seemed to be both male as they sat shirtless with blood smeared all over their backs. My eyes widened as I realized who the men were. Liam and Louis didn't move an inch as they both sat handcuffed together. No words were even spoke; it was dead silent. I narrowed my eyes in determination as I peeled some of the glass that was left surrounding the window away and pulled myself through the window. I landed on the floor with a big thud which jolted both boys awake. Their heads snapped around the room as I guess they couldn't see me. I gasped for air as the wind was knocked out of me slightly, my lungs still not functioning quite right.

“Louis, what was that?” I heard Liam whisper as I slowly pushed myself up off the ground and brushed myself off. I picked up my gun that flew a few feet in front of me and slipped it into my belt strap holder.

“I don't know but it came from over there.” Louis whispered back as they both exchanged looks before turning back towards where I was standing.

“Payton?” Liam whispered into the dark and a small smile rose onto my face as I emerged from the dark and into the center of the room where the light was surrounding.