New Partner

No i didn't die guys :) and sorry for the super late update hope you guys enjoy it :)

___________________________________

My knee was bouncing up and down as I sat in the hard plastic of the hospital chairs. I bit my thumbnail nervously as I stared down at my feet. The low hum of chatter was heard around me as hospital phones were ringing and people were chatting.

“Payton!” I heard my name called as my head shot up. Harry stood clutching his t-shirt as the doctor helped him over to where I was. I stood from my seat as they approached, as did Preston. Harry's shoulder was bandaged and he currently wore no shirt.

“How is he?” I asked completely ignoring Harry and looking straight at the doctor.

“He did lose much blood, but not enough to send him unconscious. I stitched up his arm, but it's going to hurt for a few days, so I prescribe pain medicine, like Tylenol or Advil. You are free to go.” The doctor smiled and then turned around and left us. I nodded and then looked up at Harry who was chatting with Preston.

“You guys ready?” I asked raising my eyebrow ever so slightly. They both nodded and we soon exited the hospital, only to be met with murderous flashes. I reached for my sunglasses that I always keep in my back pocket. I slid the ray bans on my face as I turned to see Harry struggling. I chuckled slightly and then grabbed his forearm, forcing our way through the crowd. “Back up, out of the way!” I shouted over the roar of the crowd. I've dealt with security business in my early years, so I know a few things, but seriously these people don't know the concept of personal space.

Once back in the car, Preston was soon on the road.

“I was told to take you both straight to the office.” Preston informed us as I leaned my head back against the headrest. Harry was sprawled out in the backseat as he clutched his wounded arm.

“Okay, that's fine.” I mumbled as I flipped my ray bans on top of my head. Preston nodded before driving onto the highway. I flipped the radio on, only to be met with that stupid song, Blurred lines. Honestly I could make a song about a cat and dog just going meow meow woof woof, and it would be a hit single. I flipped through the channels and finally let it rest on a station where the song Cruise was playing. I love this song to be honest.

Upon arrival there again, were a bunch of photographers and fans outside the building. I flipped my ray bans back over my eyes before hoping out of the car. I opened Harry's door and he climbed out slowly. I grabbed his hand and guided him through the crowd once again. The roar of the crowd was really deafening, like again personal space, please. When the doors closed behind us the roar subsided, but you could still hear the rumble of the crowd. Preston lead us through some hallways until we reached a hallway where there was a big double door room at the end of the hallway. The closer we got the more the nerves kicked in. I honestly didn't know what this meeting was about, but I hope it ends well. Preston opened the doors and let us walk past, I gave him a quiet thank you as we entered the room. A big meeting table was centered in the room with desk chairs filling around it. The rest of the boys, Simon, Agent Tarnish, and Brandon were all already surrounding the table when we entered. I took a seat across from Agent Tarnish as Simon was at the head of the table.

“Welcome, Scout.” Simon greeted as I nodded in acknowledgment.

“So, you are probably wondering why we called you here, Scout. Well probably all of you.” Agent Tarnish said as he folded his hands on the table.

“Well yes, we didn't have another meeting schedule for another week.” I stated as I unclasped my wrist watch and handed it to Agent Tarnish. “Also there's video evidence on the watch of the whole thing that went down mere hours ago.” I said pointing to the watch.