Chapter Nineteen

"Get up drunk, breakfast!" Greg yelled through the door and I moaned, god my head was pounding. Niall entered the room with water and an aspirin. "Hey honey, how are you feeling?" He whispered and I moaned, taking the aspirin and water. "I hate hangovers." I grumbled, stuffing my head back into the pillow. Niall climbed on to bed with me and rubbed my back. "Go back to sleep honey, we will get food later." I woke up in a big blue bed by myself. I rolled over and grabbed my phone which read 2 pm. Oh great, I slept all day. I waddled out of bed and over to my bag to change into some shorts and one of Niall's shirts.

       "Good afternoon." Maura said, as I entered the living room. "Good afternoon." I said, sitting next to Niall on the couch. He wrapped an arm around me and kissed my head. I feels good to be loved. "Hey, I was talking with my parents and we wanted to show you the town." He said and I nodded. "That would be great." I smiled and Niall got excited. "Okay let's go get ready." He said, standing up and Maura stopped us. "Be a doll Niall and get Theo dressed? I think we need some alone time." She said, walking into her room and I raised an eyebrow at Niall. "He spilled pancake batter everywhere, twice, after two showers." I nodded, picking up Theo and carrying him into Niall's room. "Okay. One foot in, now the other, stand up, and hike it up!" I told Theo, getting him dressed and trying to make him laugh. "Babe you ready?" I asked Niall who was making frustrated noises in the bathroom. "My stupid hair.." He grumbled and I giggled, putting on theo's jacket. I had on my black and white converse, my black skinny jeans, a baby blue long sleeve shirt and a black vest.

      "Finally.." He muttered, walking out of the bathroom in a long sleeve black shirt and khakis.

      "Awe you look great!" He gushed, kissing my cheek then Theo's cheek. He's so good with kids. "Let's go!" He shouted, walking out of the bedroom and getting Theo's stroller from the closet as I grabbed his diaper bag. "Where's greg?" I asked and Niall shrugged. "Maybe work?" He asked his self. Bobby, Maura, Niall, Theo and I started walking down the street into the the city square. We spent the day shopping and sipping beer in the square with Niall's friends and family. "Is this what you guys always do?" I asked and he shrugged "Yep." As the night came to a close, Bobby was drunk and singing with a bunch of men, Niall was catching up with his old friends and Maura and I were talking to some of the girls in the town. "Small town?" I asked and Maura shrugged. "Beer brings us all together." As the night came to a close, Niall pulled me away from the crowd and gave Theo to his mom. He walked with me to a pond not to far away. It was chilly but it was beautiful. "Have fun?" He asked and I nodded. "I really like your parents." I smiled and he nodded turning and facing me. "They like you too." He kissed me lightly. "I love you, Rose, and I mean this from the bottom of my heart." I looked up into the dark eyes I fall more inlove with everyday. "I know, this is fast. But I can't wait.." He whispered. I watched this man get down on one knee in the moonlight. "Rose, will you marry me?" I sucked in a breath, I didn't know what to say. Did I love him enough to spend the rest of my life with him? His eyes searched for an answer on my face but all I could think about was Harry. But he didn't leave Amy for me. I need my own happiness. "Yes." I whispered and he he slipped the beautiful diamond ring on my finger. I felt tears sting my eyes as Niall wrapped me in a hug. "I love you."

    The next few days were great with Niall's family. We told them we were engaged and his family was ecstatic. All his mom could do was talk about her wedding with Bobby, it was so cute. I got really close with Maura and I felt as if I could call her if I ever needed too, and that meant a lot to me. We could only stay for two more days before we had to head back to Dublin and Niall was very upset. As we said goodbye to his family, we loaded back up in the rental car and set off. I finally decided to call my sister. It rung a few times before I heard her say hello.

"Hello?" She asked and I smiled slightly, looking at the beautiful ring on my hand. "Hey." I said back, keeping the phone to my ear. "What's up?" She asked and I shrugged. "Not much. Just y'know being engaged and all." "WHAT?!" She screamed and I held the phone away from my ear. "You heard that right." I said and she started to fume. "HARRY PROPOSED TO YOU?!" She screamed and I tried to turn down the volume on my phone as fast as possible trying to keep Niall from hearing that. I looked over at him and he kept his eyes on the road. "Yes Niall proposed." I said, turning her volume back up. I should have not had this conversation in the car with him. "Niall?" She questioned. "Well um, congratulations sis!" She said cheerfully. I nodded and looked over at Niall who refused to look at me. Oh boy. We talked for a few more minutes about my nephew before I hung up. "Did she say something about Harry?" He asked after a few seconds of silence. I bit my lip, I need to tell him. I do. "No." I laughed and he nodded. He dropped it, and I was glad he did.