Chapter Sixteen

"Niall.. you're so cute." I giggled as he handed me a rose. He told me to meet him in my favorite spot in Australia. So, I met him at the harbor. He kissed my lips lightly as I met up with him. "Wow, you look stunning!" He exclaimed looking at my short red dress. "Thanks handsome." I winked. Niall and I have been dating official for about a month, and today was our first actual outing as a couple to tell the world we are dating. "Nervous?" He asked and I shrugged. "Not really." I reassured him but it was a big lie, but I was beyond terrified. Especially with Harry's and I's past, to make it public seemed very scary. "Rose, i've been meaning to ask you something.." he said, turning toward me. "Um, next week we are flying to Dublin and that's only a two hour car ride to my house and I was wondering if you wanted to come with me?" He asked and my eyes widened. "Wow.. um.. yeah.. ok.." I nodded nervously, looking at anywhere but him.
We continued to walk until we we were stopped by a huge crowd of people with cameras. I gulped as I saw them approach us. "Rose.." Niall whispered and I nodded. "Yeah?" I asked and he turned me towards him. "I love you." He whispered and his lips clashed with mine. My heart stopped beating for a moment and I was broken away from his kiss. "Niall, is this your girlfriend?" A man asked and Niall nodded. "Yes." "Aren't you a dancer for the band?" A woman asked me and I was froze. "She is." Niall chimed in, saving me. "Excuse me.." Niall said, pushing through them and help me through the crowd. We continued to walk through the night on the path by the harbor. "Rose, I don't want there to be any secrets between us, okay? So whatever we both need to say, can we saw it now without getting mad at each other?" He asked and my heart dropped. No way in hell was I telling him about Harry. What was he hinting at. "I mean, I really appreciated you tell me about your mom, and I want to tell you everything too.."
"I uh, well, i'm a dad." My eyes widened a bit and he rubbed the back of his neck. "My uh daughter, she died while her mother was giving birth to her." He choked back and my eyes filled with concern. "I was stupid, and I got my first girlfriend pregnant when we were young kids. Fifteen." He bit his lip. "Thank goodness her mother didn't die either, but we were broken up before Annabelle was born." He shrugged, looking over at me. "She was very beautiful." He said, smiling lightly and I smiled sadly. "What-what happened?" I dared to ask and he motioned his hand around his head. "Umbilical cord was choking her." He whispered and I nodded. "I'm so sorry Niall." I comforted and he shook his head. "She's been gone for six years."
I felt so bad not telling him about Harry. I really wanted to tell him, but I couldn't. Not in my conscious. I didn't want him judging me for that. I didn't want to ruin Niall's image of me. As we sat on a bench in the moonlight I looked over at him. "Since we're being completely honest here, I had a miscarriage." I told him and he smiled sadly at me. "I didn't even know until I went to the hospital a few weeks later for an incident.." I sighed, so many secrets I had. "My um, when my parents died my sister and I stayed with her ex-boyfriend for a bit when we weren't on tour or anything, and he forced himself on me." I broke out in sobs and he rubbed my back. "I pressed charges and had to get a rape kit done. "Was he the father?" He asked and I nodded, but I lied. Harry was the father, but I haven't told him any of this. "I'm so sorry." He cried and we sat there holding each other. It was so nice to have someone there with me.
"I love you." Niall whispered into my hair and I cried into his chest. "I love you." I said through sobs and he rubbed my back to calm me down. "Wanna go somewhere?" He asked and I looked at him weirdly. "Wanna do something fun?" He asked and I raised an eyebrow. Before I knew it, I was getting dragged away from the harbor and into a nearby forest. "You and these forests." I said and he just laughed. We walked and walked and walked until we reached a pond connected to a waterfall. Ooh, so pretty. He started to get undressed and my eyes widened. "Let's go!" He said once he was in his underwear. He jumped into the pond and waited for me to undress and jump in. The water was cool but felt nice. He dragged me into the waterfall and kissed my lips tenderly. "Wanna know something crazy?" He asked and I looked at him through the water. "I want to marry you.."