Moves Like Jagger

Maybe it's hard

When you feel like you're broken and scarred

Nothing feels right

But when you're with me

I'll make you believe

That I've got the key

- - - - - - - - - - -

The next few days were a blur. I stayed home most of the time, sulking on my sofa while I watched reality TV.  Nothing better than seeing the Kardashians bickering over their latest issue to get my mind off of things.

I ate ice cream for a week straight from the carton. I didn't care. No one could see my sad tears as Kourtney announced she was pregnant. She had a support system behind her: a dedicated (and sometimes idiotic) boyfriend, a crazy but loving family, and all the money in the world. Why couldn't I have those resources? Oh, yeah, I forgot. I was just Kate.

If it was hard to tell already, I should just say I'm in my own self pity.

I didn't have any job, so I didn't have anything to look forward to distracting myself by. I only hope this marathon on E! continues.

After about two weeks of sulking and crying myself to sleep, I hear a knock at the door. My heart takes a leap as I hope this is not who I have been avoiding to see on the television. I gently flip my blanket off and set my spoon of Ben & Jerry's in the carton on the table.

I can feel my feet tingle from the touch of thin carpet. My mind keeps track of each step I take, as if it were taking a tally. I look through the peephole.  No one is there, so I head back. But then I hear another knock and quickly fling the door open.

It's Sherry, my best friend. Er...ex-best friend? I still couldn't tell.

"Hey, Kate," she greets me warmly. "It's been a while."

"It has," I respond. My fingers are clutching the door. I feel the wood crack beneath my grip. I didn't expect to see Sherry ever again. It was odd for her to show up at my door without any warning. It had been a few years since I had taken Zayn from right under her nose. Oh, how I would like to go turn back time.

"Well, I was just in the neighborhood on my way home from work..." Lies. I know it's a lie. She works down at Nando's far from my dump of a place. Coming to my house would mean she would have to take an alternative route, one far off.

This was a set up, and I knew it. She had something up her sleeve. You could never believe the sickness of her sweet blonde locks and icy blue eyes. She looked sweet, but so does poison. Never trust a sweet looking girl.

"...and I thought maybe you'd like to go out tonight. I wanted to go clubbing and didn't have any one else to go with." She smiled at me. I saw right past those cold eyes.

I decided to play along and see where she was going to take her little charade. I would go.

"Yeah, sure. I just have to take a quick shower." I told her. She slipped past me and went right for the couch.

"Take your time." She flipped the switch as I walked back to the bathroom. Even from my point I could tell she was sneering.

(START VIDEO NOW!! :)

That night...

We walked downtown to the corner club called Masquerade. It was the hottest night club on this side of London. I could hear the music pounding from the street. The crowd was As soon as we got there, Sherry went straight to the front of the line and was let directly in by a smiling bouncer.