Dirty Little Secret

Who has to know?

- - - - 

After the scary sickness four weeks ago, I started to panic. I was on tour with the boys, so there was no way to tell anyone about what I thought was the begining of the end. I walked steadily into the hotel room with a paper bag containing my future's call in it. The boys were sprawled out all over, candy flinging from one end to the other, and yelling about some video game they were playing. It was all irrelevant to me. I had to have privacy, something these boys knew very little of.

Niall caught sight of me and smiled. "Hiya, Kate!" He came walking with a sandwhich in his hands and  some of it dripping from his mouth. "Where ya been?"

"Oh, you know. Getting girl stuff." He backed away awkwardly.

"Well I'll leave you to it," he giggled oddly. The other boys hadn''t noticed me or his absence. Thank you God.

I quickly zoomed into the white walled bathroom and turned the lock. I checked it twice to make sure it was locked. It was. I placed the shaking bag down on the counter and flipped down the toliet cover. My body fell onto it, and my eyes sprinkled with tears. I sucked them back. This was the moment that could change my entire life, and here I was; alone.

I sucked in the air unevenly, stood up, and snatched the bag off the counter. My fingers fumbled to find the rim of the bag and accidently tore open the edge causing the box to fallon the ground. 

"Shit," I mumbled. I try not to swear regularly, but I couldn't help it. I was shaking in my steady clothes. I picked up the box and quickly tore it open. I pulled out the stick and went to work. I placed the stick on a carfully placed tissue and sat back down on the toliet cover. My fingers intangled in eachother. I could feel a heavy weight pulling me down from my shoulders to my toes. My head was weaving from the lightness I felt coming from it.

Five minutes felt like five hours. When the time finally came, the tears followed shortly after. I held the test in my hand but didn't dare peak at it. I tried to stand on my feet, but the weight pulled me back down. I raised my empty hand to my head and pulled the hand holding my future into sight. I read the test and sighed heavily.

Positive.

I let it all fall out now. The test made a clank as it hit the nylon floors below me. All the weight left and I felt even more dizzy. My body ranged from side to side as I slowly left my feet and banged to the floor. I let out a deep cry and the tears came raining. I held the back of my head where I met the counter. I checked to see blood. No go. I still held on. A pair of footsteps came skipping to the door. A knock on the door was unsettling. 

"Kate?" I heard a British boy say. "Kate, are you alright?"

"Yeah." I pulled back my sniffling. "Yeah, I'm fine." My voice cracked there at the end.

"Kate, no you aren't. Let me in." The knob began trying to twist open. I quickly scrambled to open the cupboard and stashed all the evidence in front of me into it. I got up, still dizzy, and started for the door, wiping off the salt water tracing my face. I took a peak in the mirror and saw mascara streaking my face. It was too late; I had already twisted the lock.

Louis appeared before me suddenly with worried eyes. He reached for me and took me into his arms. I felt myself lose the weight in my body again and slump into him. His shirt felt wet underneath my draining eyes. I wrapped my cold arms around his warm body and felt myself go.

"Kate," he whispered. "Kate. What's wrong?" I sniffled into his shirt, trying to clear my face. I pulled away with my hands over my face, but he still held on to my hips. 

"I-I....I don't know," I mumbled. "I don't know." He ran his fingers through his hair and scouted the bathroom as I stood beside him, tears still dripping. His eyes grew wide as he bent over. I couldn't see what he was going for, but I didn't have a good feeling about it. "Close the door. Someone might see me."

He turned away from whatever it was on the ground and looked at me. It wasn't five seconds before he went back to the floor. "They all left for some food. You know, we travel in packs," he joked.

"Oh."

He held up the empty box. Shit, I forgot to hide it. "Kate, what's going on?"

"I'm pregnant," I sobbed. He pulled me into him again.

After a minute of crying, he says, "Does Zayn know?" 

I shook my head. "No."

"Is it Zayn's?" I violently pulled away from him.

"Why wouldn't it be?" I spat, subconsciously sorry I yelled at him. Was it Zayn's? I hadn't thought it could be Harry's until then. Oh my gosh. Who's kid was it?

"Harry told me."

I cried into him again. "I don't know," I admitted. 

He sighed heavily, and I could feel it in his chest. "Well, I won't tell."

"Thanks."

"Please tell me this. Who do you want to be with?" I pulled away and looked at him. I had only found out I was pregnant for ten minutes and had to continue this conversation with Louis. I had no time to think about this, but, in this split second, I couldn't tell him.

"I don't know," I said weakly.

"Well, better figure out who you want to be with before this baby comes." 

I cried again. "I know."

"Well." He sighed. "I will be here for your secret diary, so don't feel like you're in this alone. I will take you to the doctor in secret for how ever long you need. But we have to be quietly doing this because if the tabloids find out, we will all be screwed."

"I hadn't thought about that." My eyes went wide. I didn't even think about how this could impact the entire group. If I screwed one of them, the entire group was going along for the ride. We stood there in silence for minutes. He was holding me while I finished up getting rid of the evidence of my tears.

Then we both hear a noise from outside the door. "Louis! Kate! We're home!"

We looked at one another and sighed. This was going to be a wild ride.

- - - - - - - - - - - 

So, tell me what you think! Did ya see it coming? Did ya? Please comment below.

-Hannah