1

I shifted my gaze from the left to the right, studying the faces of each student I passed. Whispers filled my ears as I passed them. They quietly spoke of who I was, but not why I was here. Colors of yellow and blue filled my vision as I passed each whispering student. The hall was quiet except for the almost silent whispers and my feet as they touched the floor with each step. The students parted as I walked, clearing a rather large path for me.

My white jacket swayed slightly as I made my way down the hall. My attire was my uniform, which consisted of white pants with gold lining, a black dress shirt, a white, gold lined blazer that held hard earned medals and gold ropes, a white tie, white, knee length combat boots, and a white, gold lined jacket that just hung on my shoulders. To say I stood out was an understatement.

I recalled what the chairman had told me. He stated that I was to report to a room called music room three. That was where Tamaki Suoh and his friends resided. Finding them would be easy enough. I took a single step up the stairs at a time, though my training called for three. I didn't want to alarms any students, that would be quite troublesome. I glanced up at each sign as I passed them. They each named the room they represented.

It was until I found the core room that I realized that the hallways were empty. I frowned at my discovery, but shook my thoughts away. I didn't have the time to be bothered by such things.

I put my gloved hands on both of the handles and pulled them open, revealing a blinding light and several falling rose petals.

Don't attack. Don't let your inner soldier out. It's only a school. I was warned of these things.

I reassured myself as I gripped the sword at my side. My eyes narrowed as I looked around, glancing at each face. Memorizing everyone who was in the room. I walked farther into the room, several yards away from the door and then I stopped. The room was silent, as if everyone was holding their breath.

"Tamaki Suoh, Kyoya Ootori, Hikaru Hitachiin, Kaoru Hitachiin, Takashi Morinozuka, Mitsukuni Haninozuka, Haruhi Fujioka. Please stand," My voice rung through the room. The atmosphere seemed thin, as if the slightest thing could break it. Seven students stood hesitantly, as if they were thinking that they were in some type of trouble.

My feet snapped together, my posture straight, and my hand immediately went to my forehead, I kept my voice strong and void of emotion,"from this day on until I am recalled, I will be your personal soldier. I am to protect you, even if it means ending my life to do so."

In that small moment, that thin atmosphere was shattered. Like a bullet through glass.

It was silent for several moments and then those who I hadn't addressed were quickly escorted out of the room. I stepped out of the way and rested my hand back on my sword, watching the chaos unfold.

There was frantic whispers and thundering footsteps that filled my ears as I stood silently.

This went better than expected. . .

The seven teenagers stared at me as they sat. It had been like this for several minutes. I sighed as I lightly rubbed my thumb over my sword,"do you wish for me to introduce myself, or shall I stand here for a few hours while your gaze bores into my soul?"

They snapped back to attention.

So they were dazed. . . How unfortunate on my behalf.

"Introduce yourself, please," the raven haired boy, Kyoya, spoke evenly.

"Katsuo Yukimura. Age nineteen. Classified as a male. Elite ranked in the Japanese military. Dedicated to protecting those I am assigned to."

"You are only nineteen. . .?" the two twins uttered, shock plastered to their face as well as some of the others. I send a small smirk in their direction,"shocking, isn't it? I would be fresh out of high school if I wasn't in the military forces."

"Why did you choose the military, sir?" The small blonde, Honey, asked, tilting his head to the side. I chuckled,"no need for that, Katsuo is fine. And to answer your question, I was born into the military. Both of my parents were in the forces. That said, I can never meet them until I'm dead."

"I am sorry for your loss. . ." The other blonde, Tamaki, said quietly, tearing up. I decided then to break out of my soldier protocol and I ruffled his hair,"what are you crying for? It wasn't your fault. Besides, I can't really remember them much, last time I seen them I was many years ago when I was younger." I remembered them all too well.

I took a second to look down at my watch, it was about an hour after their supposed club activities.

"Could I see your phones please?"

"Eh? Why?" The twin with the light voice asked.

I need to keep a note of their voices. . .

"How else can I keep track of your position if I'm not with you?" I asked, pulling out a small white silk. Four of them made a sound of understanding.

"I don't have a phone. . ." I looked towards Haruhi. "Then we shall be getting your phone today."

It was in my training to identify the sex of any and all people I encountered. Taking my training to heart, I automatically pointed out anything that spoke true. I had then figured out her situation.

She shook her head,"you don't have to-"

I cut her short and apologized for doing so, "forgive me for cutting you short, but it is for your protection. I'm certain everyone else in this room would agree on that fact of your protection." She sighed,"alright." I smiled, "good."

I turned my attention to the phones laying on the table and immediately began to get to work.

There was a war brewing in the depths of this Earth. It my duty to keep these teenagers safe, no matter the costs.

Mother, Father, lend me your strength. Let the sun be your warmth and the winds be your hugs. I won't disappoint you.