Meeting the Team

A courus of footsteps could be heard as the two stepped out of the Zeta-tubes.

"Who are you?" 

Percy jumped at the sudden appearance of a green eyed freckled face. "Uh," Was his intelligent response.

"You have startled him friend. It would be best if you gave him some space," a voice sounded from behind the redhead. Percy saw it was a dark-skinned Atlantean with short blond hair, when the other boy vanished and appeared beside a blond girl in a green suit, a bow in her hand.

"You never told me there was an Atlantean on the team," Percy looked up at his cousin with a grimace at the memories of how overly polite they were to him.

"Is that a problem?" a buff black haired boy with a superman symbol on is chest said with a glare.

"No. They are always so... stuck-up around me. Buzz-kills for lack of a better term," he said slowly, glancing at the leaguer.

"Kaldur is lots of fun," a green girl said enthusiastically.

Diana cleared her throat, gaining everyone's attention, "This is my protege Riptide, he will be joining the team-"

"Do you really need to call me that?" Percy said boredly, "Plus how does this whole 'secret-identity' thing work?" he continued using his hands for air quotes.

"You're not her protege?" a smaller black-haired boy asked from behind his mask.

"You can reveal it if you see it fit," Wonder Woman answered.

"What will your dad say? I know it hurts when your siblings hit me with their lightning, but your dad is a whole different story," Percy said crossing his arms, ignoring the Boy Wonder.

"Both of our father's said it was up to you, but no telling anyone else you are doing this," 

"You, want me, to keep a secret from my girlfriend," the demigod burst into laughter, "she probably already knows, including everyone's identity." 

A phone rang, Robin looked surpised as he pulled out his phone, "Hello?" he froze after a second and handed the phone to Percy, Diana gave a small laugh.

"Is this necessary?... but this is his personal phone isn't it? ... if you want to do this that badly ask her yourself... It was one time!... I promise I won't blow up this mountain... ya, I'll see you tonight. Bye," Percy's reactions ranged from amusement to annoyance to caring over the phone call, causing the team to share questioning looks. He turned to his cousin after returning the phone to its owner, "Told you," hand on his hip. 

"Gods Riptide, can you try not to piss off the gods for one day," Diana rubbed her temples.

"No promises," He smirked.

"Well have fun with the team, try to get along. Camp expects you back in time for capture the flag, It's Romans vs Greeks this week," She said, walking towards the Zeta-tubes.

"Will do," he fake saluted.

"And please don't blow up this mountain too," She smirked, disapearing into the light.

Wonder Woman -03

"It was one time!" He called to the place she once stood with a huff.

"You blew up a mountain?" The redhead asked.

Riptide scratched the back of his head, "It was an accident. You probably saw it on the news, Mt. Saint Helens. It was a year or two ago," he trailed off as he saw the shocked and/or confused faces of the group. Robin then pulled up a screen with news reports of the event.

"Batman never found the cause of that explosion. You did that?" Robin questioned.

"Yeah... Didn't mean to though,"

A look of shock and realization appeared on Aqualad's face as he suddenly keeled, "Honoured to meet you my lord."

"Oh! A pesant!" Percy exclaimed, the team giving him weird looks. "I'm joking, gods. Rise soldier, I am not my father. I don't care for formalities," He assured them. Kaldur rose, eyes still wide.

"Who are you?" Artemis said cautiously.

"Your Atlantean friend can tell you that," He motioned to Kaldur.

"This is Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon, Hero and Saviour of Olympus," He announced.

"So how are you related to Wonder Woman if you aren't her protege?" Robin inquired.

"You aren't?" Wally spoke up.

"No, she insists so the League or whatever doesn't get suspicious. I'm her cousin," Percy explained. "Now can I learn your names? It's kinda weird being the only one in the dark," he scratched the back of his head nervously again.

"Aqualad or Kaldur'ahm, but you can call me Kaldur."

"Kid Flash or Wally West."

"Miss Martian or M'gann M'orzz or Megan Morse."

"Superboy or Connor Kent."

"Robin."

"Artemis."

"You're name is Artemis and you use a bow?" Percy said with a chuckle.

"Yeah. You got a problem with that?" the archess countered, stepping forward.

"No. Just tell me you aren't a hunter and my cousin isn't about to jump me and I'm good," he said, hands up in surrender.

"Artemis is in a relationship with Wally at this time," Kaldur said. Percy letting out a sigh in relief.

"So what do you guy's do for fun around here?" Percy spoke up before the growing silence became an awkward silence.