Seatbelt

Ben's POV

I've been over amazed about the news of Stan coming over, at first I thought it was some of his silly pranks and jokes ,until I realized it was real.
I was shocked ,not for the fact that he was coming over to Kansan city but he was coming two months after his father's death. Had he recovered so fast?,  he's over it? Were the questions on my mind. I hope he'll be fine when he arrives.

Stan and I haven't seen each other for over 6 months. I've been busy with college and he's been busy with work. The last time we met was when we had a photoshoot with his mom's fashion business. How's she coping by the way? So I've been so happy to see him again,after all we're best friends.

I've recently been occupied with the preparation for his house. Stans family runs a real estate business so a house in the city won't be hard to lay hands on. I got the house alongside other necessary documents. He ordered a car and sent the address of his new house so I had to go take it.
I've done most of the work already ,the furniture, garden,garage and all have been checked so everything is OK. I came up with an idea that he should find something to engage in, perhaps a job which he obviously doesn't need. But I had a feeling that if he was home all day, he won't keep his mind off his late dad and relax as he intends to. So today, I finalized a meeting with a man my mom introduced to be an old colleague,he is going to give a suitable position for Stan. I had no idea on what the job was like but I knew I could trust the old man like my mom had told me to.

Stan insisted that I stayed with him ,because of all the work I'd put together and also because I was staying at a college apartment .
Speaking of college. There's a recent project going on , and for me to participate ,I'd need to get some documents back at home.
Coincidentally, it was around the period Stan was going to leave , so we decided to take the same flight and head Kansas together.
Cool!!

Our flight was by 10 AM on Friday, so I slept early the night before so I could wake early.
I was woken by my phone's alarm which I set. I quickly got into the shower to bathe, then dressed up and had breakfast.
Ready to go, I grabbed my small bag and went. I got there 9:20AM, and started with my boarding and checking in procedures. Stan was no where to be found.
I looked down the long queue, but still didn't see him.
I had to give him a call. This boy, never punctual. I smiled, realizing that I'd be living with my Best friend soon.
"Stan,where the heck are you? I've been searching for you. Don't tell me you're still on bed, I can hear your sheets. Oh Lord, Stan...."
I'm not even sure he's listening to me, I tried to sound as urgent as possible to make him arrive quickly. I can't believe he's still asleep.
"Yh yh, call my tomorrow".   I wonder if he's still sane, does he know what time it is.
Are you cra..."
"Sir, please put out your phone or take the call out the line".
I was cut off my one of the workers attending to the  person right in front of me. 
I'm next, I have to hang up . Oh Lord , this wouldn't be good.
Unfortunately, Stan hung up on me before I could even blink.
Pttf...douche bag.

I was attended to and led onto the plane, still praying  that Stan gets here on time and trying my best to ignore the staring looks from the passing girls, I saw one mouthing  hot guy   to a friend while pointing at me.
If only they knew I was gay.
I located my seat ,on the plane and sat down, throwing my small bag at the hand luggage corner above me.  Sitting down, I looked around replying to the hi's and heys at me.
I wonder where Stan could be.