Bye Dad

The atmosphere was unusually dull and dark .The soft drops of rain added to admit this evening's despondent atmosphere. The Parker's mansion; usually bright and  filled with enthusiastic spirits was now more of the opposite.The death of Mr Mark Parker brought only blue and gloomy mood inside the mansion.
The happy life of the Parkers seemed to have turned downhills.

Stan's POV
No no no no no no ,I thought. It can't be ,it just can't be. These guys had better be pulling a prank .My Dad, strong and fine just days ago, now dead? . Hell no!
I sat at the back of my car ,lost as I was looking through the windshield. "Can you drive a bit faster Carl?" I hissed at my driver. He shook at my loud voice and sped up. If indeed this was a joke. I swear to god I won't spare my Mom this time around. Part of me felt lonely, empty ,as if I'd just been deprived off something I really really want. As if what they're all saying is true. Truth is,I doubted when I heard the news but  after calling my dad's number severally to no avail, thoughts of the certainty of the news clouded my head. The one time he picked,I sighed in relief and I felt hope crawl up my skin until I heard a totally different voice at the other end of the line, Female at that.
Oh! this better be not true. I told myself.
We arrived the mansion at the end of the deserted  street .The gate was opened and I couldn't wait a second more, so I jumped out the door and ran towards the main house with unspoken speed.
"Hello?" I called out, panting heavily. "Mom?" I called  again as i staggered through the dark space searching for the stairs,then i reached for my phone in my pockets to turn on the flashlight when the beams had exposed the elevator right in front of me.
The dark halls revived the thoughts of this 'dad is dead' scene being a prank as I remembered the last time mom pranked me. If there's any possibility this is a prank,they have really done a good job placing the sad aura too. 
Impressive indeed.
I ran to the elevator and set it to take me up next floor.
Striding out ,i turned off my torch and went to the living room ,I felt my heart beat faster when I saw my mom and aunt on the sofa across me and I walked towards an empty couch and sat down.
Their attention shifted to me as I crossed my leg smiling at them. Tears streamed down my mom's face as she stared at me. I waited for any of them to speak but not even a word came.
"Excellent mom,I must say,you did really good this time that I'm almost believing it" i said while clapping my hands softly. "Did what?" Mom asked almost as whispers as she glared at me."The prank ,Mom " I answered her "all these crying and fake tears and tissue and all these other malicious effects you've added to it" I shouted as I kicked away some of the used tissues on the floor in annoyance." It's all deception right?" A tear rolled down my eyes as I stood there staring at them for a glimpse of hope that I'm right but my aunt burst more into her tear filled palms.
"Mom speak to me ,What's goi.....?"
"He's dead" mom cut me off and wiped away her tears and walked towards me.
Those words echoed in my head,I swallowed the bile forming in my throat as I started moving backwards slowly ,step by step. My limbs became  weak,it was like my heart stopped pounding in my chest and came to my ears ,i didnt know when tears started gushing down my face . This isnt real.

My eyes met my mom's when i feel her cold soft hands on my cheek. She look warped and her red nose spelt nausea as i looked down at them .
"Please tell me whats going on ,mom" i cried to her as our fore heads touched.
"He passed in an accident while coming home from the airport, he and the driver" she said,wiping her eyes.
It was another round of feeling blank for a minute or two.  I felt nothing but numb ,hearing those words made me devastated and unsure of how i should react.
Her blue eyes gave me a reassuring look and soon enough i felt infuriated as anger crawled up my mind. I threw away her hands from my cheeks and moved from our forehead to forehead position.
I ran away from her motherly shelter  to the glass ceiling to floor window and I looked at the dark blue skies ,not really at anything in focus ,just lost,lost and confused. Everywhere became cold, dark and ugly . I choked on my own saliva as I muttered "dead?"
I stumbled as I tried moving towards my mom with my eyes fixed on hers." Stan?" I heard her call pityfully.
I moved until I hit the side table next to the couch she sat on.there was no control to my emotions,and soon enough, a soft chuckle escaped my lips then the volume began to rise and then it changed to a loud bitter  laughter. Is it true that only the wise smile while mourning? It's definitely true ,because I can't seem to pinpoint where the humor came into this,God knows where it came from.
Though the pain and certainty that my dad had really died was way more this time,i couldn't stop smiling ,Tears ran down my cheeks faster than I could imagine. Still chuckling, I glanced at my mom and aunt looking at me with disgust and annoyance,probably because of the sudden outburst. Mom angrily picked up the tissue box and threw it at me, hitting my chest.
"Stan!!!" She wept,her tears quadrupled. This is pain,it's torture,nobody should feel like this,it's agony.

I leaned in for a hug. Now crying hard.
Right now my body ,soul and heart were all having different expressions.
My soul felt empty,lost, wounded . Heart - depressed,sad,and down . My body, my lips........smile ,a sad smile.

The hug went on,with my aunt joining in soon.
As it appears they're my only family now.
As old as I am, the reaction I'm showing wasn't fit ,at all.
It was a whole new me.
A different me.
A different Stan .

BYE DAD!!

Hey guys,
I'm new to wattpad and this is my first story ever published so I hope you love it and I'd love to hear feedbacks on my first chapter.
This chapter was a little bit too sad but as time goes the comedy in it will pop up.
Thanks.
Don't forget to vote and share.

Enjoy!