New life

My name is Stanley Mark Parker Jr. I'm the only child of Mr And Mrs Mark Parker. We all moved from Seattle about 5years ago to New York city with the purpose of expanding our family real estate business. My Father, Mr Mark parker ,died a couple of months ago, leaving the family business in my name .
My father's death left our family in deep devastation,our sorrow knew no bounds. Our private investigator, mentioned something about the cause of his death being  part of one's plot to overtake the company, till now they're still on the case.
It became unbearable for my mom and I and few other relatives and friends, it truly is a sad story. It absolutely ruined us emotionally.
Nevertheless, like my father would say, "life can never be as direct as you wish it to be,anywhere it takes you,be sure to explore there and get ready for your next stop".
I took heed to his words and decided to leave this city and head for a fresh start,a somewhat new life. That's what I'll call it.
Tomorrow, I'm leaving for Kansas city. The city is known for its peaceful and beautiful environment ,I've been there for a trip before and I loved it ,so I've made my mind up that the " new life" that I'm pursuing will be in that direction.
Preparation have been made beforehand for a car and accommodation and every other necessity that'll be required. Finding a house wasn't much of a  struggle because of my hand in real estates,and also with the help of my best friend,Ben.
Ben and I have been best friends since foreverhood,when we were much younger, we attended the same elementary school back at Seattle and we both moved here in NYC, he left for Kansas city for his college education.
Ben and I have been fashion models for my mom's fashion line since our high school days. Sometimes, we were mistaken as brothers or twins,since we were always so close and behaved brotherly too.
In regards to the house Ben got me ,he already bought all furniture and the house is all ready for me to devour.
Oh and Ben is gay.
He did have a rough time coming out the closet as a result of his homophobic dad.