Chapter Eighteen

Okay, well three uploads in what, two days? Two tonight? Pretty damn good if I do say so myself. :) Okay, so the last chapter was a bit boring, now was this a bit rushed towards the end? Comment and vote please, I'm thinking about entering this for the Watty Awards! :) Enjoy!

This is a completely new chapter since I have started editing, so enjoy. Tons of Aiden in this, tell me what you think!

*EDITED*

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

The drive was long.

I can safely say that, because I tried to stay awake for the whole thing. Let me tell you now – not a great plan. Firstly because I was now absolutely exhausted and secondly because it did no good, I just fell asleep anyway.

Of course, when I woke up Aiden was sitting up, looking much better than he had yesterday – yesterday? I didn’t even know what time it was, how long since I had known the days, I couldn’t count anymore.

Well anyway, Aiden was looking perfectly okay, even his hair looked hot messed up like that.

Okay, that’s a bit too much, even in my mind.

Sure, I knew he was hot, but I didn’t have to think it! He told me enough times that he was good-looking, I didn’t need my mental conscience telling me as well.

                            “Sleeping beauty awakes,” Aiden muttered, and from the teasing smirk he gave me I knew he said it just to annoy me.

Sleeping “beauty” indeed. I looked like a half-drowned rat that had been dragged through a bush backwards, charred in a fire, eaten by a cat, and turned into road-kill already!

Maybe not that bad, but I still looked far from gorgeous.

                            “You don’t look half-bad yourself,” I replied nonchalantly, sneaking a glance around the cramped space for Finn.

I didn’t have to look for long, he was sitting on the seat in front of us, next to a guard. I was, unfortunately for me, stuck in the backseat with Aiden and his “witty” comments for the whole trip.

Of course it didn’t matter, where I was headed was probably a far call from the luxury of this car drive. I mean, at least I could talk now, right?

                            “Of course I don’t. I am extraordinarily hot, you being the only person not affected by my good looks because your eye sight is damaged from looking in the mirror too often,” He replied casually as if insulting women was a normal day to day occurrence. Which for him, it probably was.

                            “At least my brain survived, unfortunately for you when the mirror smashed the shock probably killed whatever brain cells you had left after people attacked you thinking you were some kind of mutant,” I returned, smirking evilly.

                            “You didn’t,”

                            “Oh, I think I just did,”

                            “Take it back,” He growled.

                            “I said nothing but the truth,” I replied calmly.

I was only calm in appearance, on the inside I was freaking out. This was way too close for comfort. Had he ever heard of personal space?

Fortunately, or maybe unfortunately, I was saved as the guard slapped me across the face.