Chapter Seventeen

Okay, well they finally made it! Pretty cool banana's, right? Okay, well hopefully this chapter is alright. :) Comment, and vote please! Enjoy!

*EDITED*

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

                            “Aiden. How kind of you to join us,” I said sarcastically.

                            “Why hello, Eva. I’m just full of kindness today, maybe you could return it sometime, hmm?” he said, walking closer to me.

His voice ignited a shiver inside me, but I forced myself to stay controlled. He works for Askove, I told myself sternly.

                            “I don’t think so,” I replied coolly, turning away from him.

I stole a glance at Finn, surprised to see that instead of looking angry and trying to control it, he was staring at his brother as if he was trying to figure something out. Then he spoke.

                            “You didn’t kill our parents,”

It was a statement, not a question, but it hung in the air unanswered anyway before Aiden broke the silence.

                            “No…but I may as well have shot them myself,”

So they were dead, then? Or worse.

If the SPA took them, then they may have been turned against us, their knowledge used against us. Who can tell, with the SPA and their famously unknown leader.

No-one had seen him and lived to tell the tale, the rumours and speculations were rampant – and he – or she – seemed completely fine with that.

                            “Just tell me. Are they dead?” Finn asked, the pain evident in his voice.

Aiden hesitated, closing his eyes for the briefest of moments.

                            “Yes,”

                            “That’s all I wanted to know,” Finn replied coldly, any emotion now gone. I felt like I didn’t even know him anymore – he seemed to be just a shell of the person he used to be, changed by grief, love and loss.

I watched as Finn crossed the room and sat down on one of the beds, choosing to look up at the ceiling than at us.

Aiden, however, didn’t have any qualms about staring at me. In fact, that was what he chose to do right now. He held my gaze, his lip curling up into a smirk.

                            “So, what is there to do in this hole?” he asked, casually throwing himself onto the last available bed. Great, I get the floor. What happened to ladies first, and gentlemanly things?

                            “Uh, sleep? First off, what are you doing in here anyway?” I asked, perching myself on the end of the bed. I had decided to not even try to include Finn in this conversation, he was so out of it anyway he would probably start talking about something really off topic.

                            “I have to come with you guys on whatever mission you’re doing for Askove to make sure you keep out trouble and don’t jeopardize the mission,” He explained haughtily.

                            “Oh, Mr High-and-Mighty here to keep me out of trouble. Seems like someone with a brain the size of a pea, like you, might have a hard time doing that,” I retorted sarcastically.